All reviewsgreat locationthe kitchenacross the roadbedroom apartmentthe penthouserooftop areaoutdoor spacar parkoverlooking the beachthree bedroomfamily holidaymain bedroomreception staffpatrolled beachsunshine coastcafes and restaurantsmooloolaba beach
Reviewed 10 April 2012

we just returned from 3 nights at mantra zanzibar over the easter break.

2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6) staying in a 2 bedroom apartment. i wouldnt have paid the full price but as my girlfriend knows someone there the proces were very reasonable at about $250 night.

great apartment with plenty of room and balcony overlooking the beach, although some trees did block a lot of the view.

the pool and spa were good for the kids although it doesnt get much sun being out the back.

perfect location as directly downstairs was the main street filled with cafes restaurants and other shops.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sydney_lindsay_80
MantraGM, General Manager at Mantra Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear sydney_lindsay_80,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Mantra Zanzibar with the TripAdvisor community, and it's great to read you had an enjoyable family holiday here with us. As you mention the property is located in the center of Mooloolaba with great views of the beach, and I'm glad the kids enjoyed the pool and spa.

Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Zanzibar in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

This accomodation could be so good with just a little more effort. Great location, good standard of accomodation. The kitchen is starting to show its age a little. The 5 of us stayed for Easter and didn't get the car out once! Unfortunately it is let down by the little things and I do mean little. No batteries working in any remote control, only two sachets of sugar at check in, curtains are in need of a good wash. For the price I don't think these things are too much to expect. When I mentioned the batteries at check out I was asked if I had contacted Reception. I would have if it had been open at the time we found the batteries were the problem 7.00pm at night! It was Easter.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank gdnow
MantraGM, General Manager at Mantra Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2012

Dear gdnow,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us here at Mantra Zanzibar over Easter, and I was glad to read that overall you had a good stay with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused by the couple of issues you found in the apartment, and these have been raised with the relevant department managers for their review and follow up. For future stays, even when Reception is closed we do still have staff available 24 hours 7 days to assist, and they can be reached simply by dialling the Reception number from your room phone.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Zanzibar in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

It is Easter & school holidays Mooloolaba is a buzz with families all enjoying the exceptional weather, beach & local cafes.
Mantra Zanziba is right in the centre of all the action. Needing to cater for three generations Mum is loving the shopping, I'm loving the beach walks & our son is loving the beach, park across the road & the resort pool. The rooms are clean & have everything you need with sensational ocean views. Everyone is happy & I'm at peace with the world.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank rockwizliz

Dear rockwizliz,

Thank you for your review of Mantra Zanzibar on TripAdvisor, and it's great to hear that you and your family had a great Easter holiday with us.

As you mention Mantra Zanzibar has the ideal location in the heart of everything, while Mooloolaba offers a range of activities to keep everyone happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mantra Zanzibar when your travel plans return you to the Sunshine Coast.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

When booking my accommodation on a couple of occasions I dealt with the same receptionist, and each occasion I was spoken rudely. My friend and I agreed that it was not going to ruin our visit, just one rude receptionist. When we got there, the rudeness continued from the same receptionist. So my friend thought that it would be important to inform the manager. We did not speak to the manager but we spoke with the manager (not sure of exact title but he said he could deal with our complaint) of a brother motel. That manager said that he would speak to the manager of Zanzibar about the circumstances, but would not bring our names into it. The last day we left, we saw him and he said that he spoke to the receptionist. That manager we spoke to did bring our names into it after he said he would not use our names as the rude receptionist tried to call us to apologize, we did not want to deal with her anymore. The manager said she had no insight that she was being rude. We felt she held a grudge on us since the booking. I do not recommend this place. I would go else where. There were no tea towels in the unit. there was dust around the lamps and the drained was blocked with hair from the previous occupant. I felt the complaint we made was not taken seriously and felt betrayed after the manager from the brother motel as he did use our names after we asked him not to. There are other motels that are cheaper, friendlier in the same location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Mickymoo72
MantraGM, General Manager at Mantra Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Mickeymoo72,

Thank you for choosing Mantra Zanzibar for your recent visit to Mooloolaba, and please aceept my apologies for the situation you encountered with one of our staff members. Our Front Office Manager was the one you were speaking with, and as he mentioned in your initial conversation he was going to follow up with the staff member involved and provide a response to you when you checked out, which he did as you were departing.

Unfortunately he does not recall you asking that your details not be mentioned, and when he spoke to the staff member involved they were upset that you felt that they were rude towards you, and wanted to offer a personal apology which is why they called you. I certainly apologise for any miscommunication that occurred regarding this and that you felt betrayed by their actions.

Mickeymoo72, thank you again for sharing your experience with us here at Mantra Zanzibar. Should your travel plans bring you back to Mooloolaba please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I may offer a discounted rate for your next stay and ensure it is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

Our family stayed 8 days over Christmas and New Year in a 2 bedroom apartment. The location is excellent, right across the road from the beach, close to shops, restaurants and fast food places. On New Years Eve we were able to watch the fireworks on the ocean right out front of our unit. The pool was warm and we had heaps of fun in there. Our unit was really large, clean and well equipped with a wonderful view, I cooked Christmas dinner for the family and everything we needed was there. The ladies at reception were very friendly and helpful, we couldn't be more impressed and would highly recommend a stay there. All units have an ocean view.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jo H
MantraGM, General Manager at Mantra Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear Jo H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your excellent Christmas stay with us, and it was especially great to be able to ally the concerns you had prior to your stay based on previous feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was fantastic to read that like previous reviewers you also enjoyed the location, spacious apartments and the amazing views. I have also passed on your feedback to our Reception team who are particularly proud of the great feedback they have been receiving recently.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I truly hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Mantra Zanzibar in the future.