“Horrible”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Jamaica Blue
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have not had a pleasant meal at this establishment before but decided to recommend to friends that we give it another try and have breakfast there. Outrageously expensive for what we got - $16 for two poached eggs with a slither of advocado - and the same price for two poached eggs with three small pieces of smoked salmon. Eggs were cold, hard, dry 'bullets' - toast was not much better. Nasty and amateur. Slow service and 'table service' worse. With the variety of eateries on Mooloolaba sea front - Will not bother with this place again.

Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

Having recently changed from counter ordering to table service, it took 15 minutes to get served, a further 30 minutes NOT to get the two coffees ordered and a total 52 minutes from sitting to sipping.
Complaints back at the counter were explained away as 'the order not being on the system'.
Not good enough....lots of other outlets are available who might be able to get below a 52 minute service cycle. Uncleared dirty crockery from adjacent tables didn't do much to add to the experience.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Our guests had dined there before and recommended it so 4 of us went for breakfast.

We waited quite a long time to be served and gave our orders. Then we waited and waited and waited. Eventually our coffees arrived - they were hot and tasty so no complaints there.

The breakfasts eventually arrived and one of us had ordered their eggs hard poached which was good, but my partner ordered his soft poached and they arrived hard which was disappointing. Normally we would have sent them back but we didn't want to have to wait again as we were already very hungry by this time.

My friend's toast was not the sourdough that was on the menu but a hunk of white bread toasted. When she queried this with the waitress she said it was most likely that they had run out and went to check. Fortunately she came back with the sourdough but we were a bit put off that it wasn't served with what was on the menu.

The waitress was very friendly and helpful and we knew it wasn't her fault - but overall the long waiting time for our food and incorrect orders left us feeling rather deflated - especially considering we had dined at many places nearby for breakfast and always get served quicker.

Not sure if we'll be back - especially considering the string of competitors each side - but we won't rule it out - we believe in second chances.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

I order a Bacon & Egg Sandwich off the specials board which included a coffee for about $11.00.
The sandwich was huge & delicious! It had thick bread (maybe focaccia?) two eggs, piles of bacon & nicely dressed salad!
The coffee was lovely, I loathe strong coffee and theres was just right!
Definitely be going here again!

1  Thank Wheretonext500
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Enjoyed a lovely sunny Sunday breakfast with my parents and 14 month old son. The waitress was quick to see that me needed a high chair and got one for us very quickly (at most places I have to hunt one down). It was also a good, clean and safe highchair. My father ordered the Salmon stack (loved it) and my mother had her usual jam and toast. I ordered the scrambled eggs on 2 slices of toast, which was quite good - just that the toast was a little under toasted. My son had fruit toast and really enjoyed it with a minimum of throwing. My father and I both had cappuccinos that were magnificant - some of the best coffee I have had. The waitress (unfortunately she wasn't wearing a nametag so can't name her) was really taken with my son and showered him with attention as she was walking between customers and he loved it.