“Lunch”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Jamaica Blue
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have been on holiday for five weeks and had lunch at Jamaica Blue lots of times. We found the staff friendly and helpful and willing to change the menu to suit our needs. We went as a couple and with our grand children.

Date of visit: April 2013

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I came up on a 2 day holiday with my boyfriend and stumbled upon this cafe along a street full of others. When walking past all the staff gave us big grins and offered in the most polite manner, not forcing, if we see anything we like feel free to take a seat!! The coffee was great, latte served in a tall glass (unlike cafes on The Gold Coast) and banana smoothie fresh and fast!
I was only a quarter way through my coffee when the food arrived!! It was a bit quite customer wise as it was a rainy day. The staff where lovely and where happy to have a chat. Not to mention well presented. I ordered the mushroom and feta bruschetta and my god... Soo good!! What impressed me the most was the way one of staff members brought out little kiddie bags for the table next to us to keep the kids occupied while they waited for their meal. Excellent experience, well done and hats off.. I'll be back for sure!!

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Fantastic spot on the esplanade. Really enjoyed our lunch of burgers and the thai chicken noodle salad. Staff were attentive and friendly and our meals arrived in good time. Food in the display cabinet looked appetising and fresh. Will be back for sure.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have not had a pleasant meal at this establishment before but decided to recommend to friends that we give it another try and have breakfast there. Outrageously expensive for what we got - $16 for two poached eggs with a slither of advocado - and the same price for two poached eggs with three small pieces of smoked salmon. Eggs were cold, hard, dry 'bullets' - toast was not much better. Nasty and amateur. Slow service and 'table service' worse. With the variety of eateries on Mooloolaba sea front - Will not bother with this place again.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed 24 December 2012 via mobile

Having recently changed from counter ordering to table service, it took 15 minutes to get served, a further 30 minutes NOT to get the two coffees ordered and a total 52 minutes from sitting to sipping.
Complaints back at the counter were explained away as 'the order not being on the system'.
Not good enough....lots of other outlets are available who might be able to get below a 52 minute service cycle. Uncleared dirty crockery from adjacent tables didn't do much to add to the experience.