“Coffee with a ringside view of the beach and sea... spectacular!”
Review of Jamaica Blue - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jamaica Blue
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We have had coffee and cake many times at this fabulous little restaurant on the beachfront at Mooloolaba. The staff are always helpful and polite and for some it is difficult to understand that table service is offered here. The meals are always fresh and lovely and the coffee is superb. We always select a table right out the front where we can simply sit and take in the wonderful views without any of the noise of the passing pedestrians. If you visit here, try the Orange and almond cake... I have heard some say that it is "to die for"... for me it is simply scrumptious. Don't forget to hold up your number to pay before you leave.. it is so relaxing that I have nearly left without paying (although the better half usually trips me up and sends me to the desk to pay). We will visit again. Thanks for your friendly service and lovely food.

1  Thank OldTar

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We have been on holiday for five weeks and had lunch at Jamaica Blue lots of times. We found the staff friendly and helpful and willing to change the menu to suit our needs. We went as a couple and with our grand children.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I came up on a 2 day holiday with my boyfriend and stumbled upon this cafe along a street full of others. When walking past all the staff gave us big grins and offered in the most polite manner, not forcing, if we see anything we like feel free to take a seat!! The coffee was great, latte served in a tall glass (unlike cafes on The Gold Coast) and banana smoothie fresh and fast!
I was only a quarter way through my coffee when the food arrived!! It was a bit quite customer wise as it was a rainy day. The staff where lovely and where happy to have a chat. Not to mention well presented. I ordered the mushroom and feta bruschetta and my god... Soo good!! What impressed me the most was the way one of staff members brought out little kiddie bags for the table next to us to keep the kids occupied while they waited for their meal. Excellent experience, well done and hats off.. I'll be back for sure!!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Fantastic spot on the esplanade. Really enjoyed our lunch of burgers and the thai chicken noodle salad. Staff were attentive and friendly and our meals arrived in good time. Food in the display cabinet looked appetising and fresh. Will be back for sure.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

I have not had a pleasant meal at this establishment before but decided to recommend to friends that we give it another try and have breakfast there. Outrageously expensive for what we got - $16 for two poached eggs with a slither of advocado - and the same price for two poached eggs with three small pieces of smoked salmon. Eggs were cold, hard, dry 'bullets' - toast was not much better. Nasty and amateur. Slow service and 'table service' worse. With the variety of eateries on Mooloolaba sea front - Will not bother with this place again.