“Quaint. Ambient, coastal cafe with a view”
Review of Kate's Place

Kate's Place
Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Albany
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Funky, cosy cafe with great views over the harbour. Great coffee, homemade cakes and a simple fresh menu.
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I travelled to Albany for an industry conference with a colleague/friend. We woke early to embrace the amazing coastal cliffs which hit our appetite up.
Early risers, we went seeking comfort food, views and good service. Kate's Place delivered.
The setting is welcoming, quaint, with comfy furnishings, they offer a selection of books for an avid reader or anyone curious.
I ordered a classic Avocado Smash and Barb chose poached eggs Bacon with a side of Tomato.
I can always judge a good cafe by the quality of the coffee, and my long black came out quickly with great crema!
Thanks to the team.
I'll be back as we have a three night stay in your lovely City.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is the perfect place for snuggling down on a cold drizzly day, either for brunch or just a hot cuppa. Lots of space in front of house and also out the back among the art collections.
Best part is their offer half-size serves of their brekkies which is a dream for bird-eaters like myself.
I love bringing my book and snuggling into one of those green winged window-seats with a coffee :)

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Walking along the York Street in the Monday's afternoon and hard to find a good cafe still opening after three. Finally turn in to the Stirling Terrace and found this place. Overall not a bad venue and the coffee are quite nice. The bloke took my order and served us was really nice guy. Smiling face and feel very welcome. The only comment was our muffin was not the best. The texture is a bit different and not very soft.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

One of our most visited munch spots. We're just shocked it's not rated number one. We've had delicious food and friendly service on a consistent basis. You can even get a great view from the higher stools of the corner table in the right rear of the front room (see pic). We usually split a plate as the potions are generous. Enjoy (we sure do!)

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Another visit to Kate's Place and still great Food and friendly service. Still love the mushroom bruschetta (can't go past it) and the potato cakes were enjoyed by others. Very obliging when asked for a weak coffee, they gave a cup of milk with a pot of brewed coffee so it could be added for personal taste. Relaxed atmosphere and cosy in the winter. Recommend without a doubt.