“breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Albany
Price range: US$8 - US$14
Cuisines: Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Funky, cosy cafe with great views over the harbour. Great coffee, homemade cakes and a simple fresh menu.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

The colourful interior felt a little crowded but not at all uncomfortable. The muesli and yoghout was delicious and my man's poached eggs were to order and we both enjoyed a light but tasty coffee. Order at the counter and be enticed by the range of cakes, slices and savoury muffins. A log fire was not burning but signs indicated it is during colder weather which would make this a very cosy spot to park up in for breakfast or lunch but I'm not sure if they were open for dinner. Prices were on average with the rest of the cafe's in town and parking was easy on the street. The view is marred by the unattractive Entertainment Centre and walkway but that is just unfortunate for a number of street side businesses in the area. A high chair might be a squeeze at a table but nothing indicated children would not be welcome and there was some pavement seating options also.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

The open sign at Kate's Place was a welcome sight on a Monday morning when, for some reason, other places prefer to stay closed.

Kate's was near full and welcoming and we were glad we popped in.

They served a delicious coffee and Earl Grey tea - just what was needed on a chilly Albany morning.

Thanks guys!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

A recent business trip brought me to this place for breakfast. a small cosy cafe on Stirling Tce, overlooking the harbor. recommended.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I travelled to Albany for an industry conference with a colleague/friend. We woke early to embrace the amazing coastal cliffs which hit our appetite up.
Early risers, we went seeking comfort food, views and good service. Kate's Place delivered.
The setting is welcoming, quaint, with comfy furnishings, they offer a selection of books for an avid reader or anyone curious.
I ordered a classic Avocado Smash and Barb chose poached eggs Bacon with a side of Tomato.
I can always judge a good cafe by the quality of the coffee, and my long black came out quickly with great crema!
Thanks to the team.
I'll be back as we have a three night stay in your lovely City.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is the perfect place for snuggling down on a cold drizzly day, either for brunch or just a hot cuppa. Lots of space in front of house and also out the back among the art collections.
Best part is their offer half-size serves of their brekkies which is a dream for bird-eaters like myself.
I love bringing my book and snuggling into one of those green winged window-seats with a coffee :)