“Refusal to Guide Dog and Owner”
Review of Cafe Coast

Cafe Coast
Ranked #7 of 226 Restaurants in Mandurah
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The staff chose to debate the level of vision a legally blind lady has & would not allow her and her friend, accompanied by a guide dog, access to the restuarant in March 2018.
It is important that all people who witness or are aware of disability discrimination, know how and when to stand up and say something. The only areas that are access exceptions by law, are operating theatres and some areas of zoos.

4  Thank KrossO40

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We had a quick lunch here on Good Friday after driving down from Perth. The Cafe is fully licensed so a cold beer was the order of the day.
As we weren't feeling all that hungry we only ordered an entree each and this was quite lucky judging by the size of it. I had Garlic Prawns and Turkish Bread and you could certainly taste the garlic! My wife had the Chorizo and Garlic Prawns which she enjoyed also.
Judging by the number of people here it is a popular restaurant in Wannanup.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

On Wednesday 28th March, Cafe Coast refused entry to my friend with her service , Seeing Eye dog then presumed to doubt her integrity & the degree of her disability. She was 'allowed' to go around the back of the premises to sit outside. Disgusting & unlawful treatment. Shame Cafe Coast!

4  Thank Anne K
Reviewed 30 March 2018

I am appalled that they have upset my dear Cousin who is legally blind and has a guide dog. They refused her right to sit inside the cafe, and are now disputing how blind she is. How dare they. My Cousin is sweet and gentle, coping amazingly well with her blindness and a number of set backs including health issues and bereavement. I admire how she picks herself up, determined to continue to live her life to her best ability, and then some random, uneducated business owner does this to her. She is so upset. Going for lunch with friends is a joy for her, and her friends and family love her a lot. We are not settling for this. I am seeking advice from the Australian Human Rights Commission regarding breach of the Disabilities Act 1992

5  Thank academic013
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely catch up with friends
You can come by boat like 2 of our friends did or like me took advantage of the large car park.
It’s not BYO but has a good Wine list
Food was well presented tasted night with a great waitress that saw to our every need.