“Bit of a letdown”

Rickys River Bar + Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 340 Restaurants in Noosa
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, View, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

The location on the river is lovely. Inside the restaurant is quite ordinary. I don't think the menu caters for special diets, though the chef did make us a specialised meal. The sourdough bread was not particularly good and the waitress, though very friendly, needs to brush-up on her table-setting etiquette. I know this is being a bit picky, but I expected more from Ricky's.
My meal lacked any sort of imagination, though my companion enjoyed his meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We choose Rickys for our 10year anniversary dinner in June. Overall we really enjoyed our night and were extremely happy with the food and service and venue.
I absolutely loved the Yellow fin tuna and fennel cracker!
The only let down for me was the crab spaghettini which I found a bit bland/basic for my tastes.
The desserts however were amazing! Definitely leave room for dessert!
My husband had the passionfruit soufflé, white chocolate and passionfruit curd and I had the Coconut granita, lime curd, yuzu, macadamia and mandarin.
The flavours were intense, refreshing and delicious.
Next time we visit Noosa we will dine here again.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We all had 3 courses and everyone chose something different. ABSOLUTELY STUNNING MEAL.
The waiters were brilliant. The views were beautiful. The whole experience was just the best.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I read about a long lunch break and actually got one a rickys. Great setting for this place. We were with a large group but they catered well for all of us and it was great. Food too notch staff were fantastic and tjen to be able to get a water taxi to your hotel from their jetty was just perfect. Comfortable relaxing setting. Must go to place.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Wonderful setting by the river and park but the meal as part of Noosa Alive's Seafood Seduction was a disappointment. If this was part of their normal service, you wouldn't go back but perhaps should be tolerant with the numbers they were serving for one sitting. The snapper was barely luke warm and not enjoyable but the mousse for dessert was certainly better.
The service of wine was disappointing - everyone at the table seemed to have a topup but when I asked for a little more, the server said the allocation was completed - not a good look.

rickysnoosa, General Manager at Rickys River Bar + Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and attend one of Noosa Alive’s events. I am very sorry to hear that the snapper was not to your liking on this occasion, but pleased to hear you enjoyed your dessert. The offering for this event was a seafood tasting plate along with a dessert treat and one glass of wine. A complimentary top up was offered until the wine was finished, with guests able to purchase additional wines by the glass, or bottle, from our wine list. I do hope you enjoyed the overall experience of the Seafood Seduction lunch and I look forward to having you dine with us at Rickys on another occasion. Warm regards, David Jouy, General Manager