“What a lovely evening!”
Review of Blue Angel - CLOSED

Blue Angel
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“What a lovely evening!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My partner and I had checked around trying to get a reservation in Noosa for dinner, and most places were booked, so we chose to try Blue Angel. We felt that this place is underrated as a place to eat in Noosa! Our meal was absolutely lovely in every way. We couldn't decide which entree to get, so we got two :) The smoked salmon was very tender...could not have been tastier. Our favourite though was the Japanese hot ice oysters - so creative and delicious! Very refreshing! For mains, our favourite was hands down the beef paleron with gnocci and carrots. The beef melts in your mouth since it has been cooked to complete perfection in red wine. Oh, it's so very good. The desserts were also amazing...highly recommend the Choco'holic.

So yes, the food was exquisite. The service was also exceptional! Catherine was very pleasant and helpful at recommending what to eat. We were never without water or wine, and the food came out very promptly. I cannot say enough great things about Blue Angel! Even if you are staying in Noosa Heads, it's worth making the quick journey to Noosaville to eat there. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere and mouthwatering food”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I went there last weekend to have dinner with my partner. We had the seafood degustation menu, which included oysters, prawn ravioli, salmon terrine and kingfish... and dessert (peach melba), ohh the dessert, that was delicious.
The food is superb and the service is hard to beat. Perfect spot to go for a romantic dinner overlooking the river. I will definitely go back in my next holiday to Noosa.

• Visited February 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Marvellous”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Visited Blue Angel with my wife on our weekend away from Brisbane as we had heard excellent things about this restaurant and read the reviews here on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to say that everything I had heard and read about was on the money.

The staff were fantastic and very friendly and the food was amazing.

Good to see a restaurant without pages and pages of menu, that way you know the food is going to be of a high quality and consistent. Glad to say this was the case at Blue Angel.

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great food experience and service to boot.

• Visited January 2012
Noosaville, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mouthwatering”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Creative chef who makes dishes to tempt the palate and wishing to ask for more

Noosaville
“Lost it's appeal”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I gave this reataurant a 5 star rating some time back. Superb food, atmosphere and service.

Unfortunately, we have not been to this restaurant for some time until just recently and the first thing that struck me was the menu. Very sparse, expensive and unusual. We went with a group and I ordered the veal dish but was served a slow cooked beef shoulder dish instead. It looked really good so I did not complain and send it back but I wish I did. It had been slow cooked for some 5 hours and although its appearance was succulent it lacked flavour and was horribly dry.

My wife ordered the Barramundi that came out quite soft and soggy though being advertised as a crispy skin. Quite palitable but definitely not as described on the menu.

The staff are absolutely fantastic. No complaints there and I wish other restaurants would follow their lead. But, the food let them down sadly. Maybe their next season menu will be better though I doubt we will make another effort to go there.

The original owners have sold to the current ones and although they try extremely hard they just do not come quite up to the mark.

• Visited January 2012