Tsokkos Holiday Apartment
US$157
US$394
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Senator Hotel Apartments(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$341
Orbitz.com
US$128
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

US$584
Cancelon
All reviewsyoung peopleclub repmain poolair conditioningreception staff arewater parkmaidsrepsstripnapapoolsmatesholidaysofahangoversupermarket
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I would like to thank the staff for a pleasant holidays. The staff is very delicate and friendly. The apartment was always clean, cleaning every day. Near the hotel were always free parking spaces.The water is always clean in the pool. The food in the restaurant was also good.The general impression from the stay was only positive. Thank you so much!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 10 October 2016

We stayed there 2 nights without booking. Reception give us room and helps us. Location is very good. Breakfast was nice. The room was studio and old(furnitures,tables etc) but it was suitable for stay a few days.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

In 20 Years of holidays this was my baddest experience so far. Airco in hotel room didn't work, walls were filthy and the baddest: hundreds of ants in the corner of the room. Staff was rude as well. Tsokkos was our horrible part of the lovely villa ayia napa, Who i'll recommand to anyone. Just make sure you don't book Tsokkos Appartments.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bughto
Reviewed 24 September 2016

If you're looking for a cheap hotel in Ayia Napa that is close to the strip and offers basic accommodation then Tsokkos Holiday Apartments is a good place to stay. We were a group of 7 university students that paid £300 per person for flights and accommodation for a week. If you're a family or looking for a quiet break I wouldn't recommend staying here (reasons below).

The hotel is very basic and had some major issues, like taking all of our passports as a deposit for the rooms. I wasn't happy about this, but our 18-30 rep (I'm surprised Thomas Cook allows this to happen) assured us that they wouldn't get lost/stolen. Thankfully, we did get all the passports back when we checked out, but I have never stayed in a hotel that takes passports as deposits.

Security was also an issue for me. The hotel is made up of a number of different complexes situated either side of a road. This means anyone can walk through the hotel as a shortcut. I didn't see any security guards walking around during the day. But, I believe each complex had a security guard for the evening/night.

The 'security guard' for our complex was an old man who was often asleep when we got in from a nightout, meaning if you wanted a pool party at 5am/6am no one was going to stop you. It's fun at the time, but now I'm back in the UK and thinking about it properly, it would have been very easy for someone to take keys from the reception and access rooms without anyone knowing until they realised something had been stolen.

Also, we think one of the maids took €50 from one of our suitcases. We had no way to prove it, but as we're all students, we are very stingy with our money and all had set budgets for the holiday. I hope we're wrong with this assumption, but with other reviews saying that things have been stolen from their rooms, it's likely that this is what happened.

As mentioned, the rooms are very basic, but we were literally using them to sleep and shower in. We paid for a self-catering room, but we didn't have the cutlery/kitchenware to make a bowl of cereal. Although there was a small kitchenette, all the cupboards were empty. Our room did have a working microwave, which was useful, but I know other rooms didn't have this 'luxury'.

Our room wasn't cleaned once while we were there. The hotel calls them maids, but there more like binmen! This is because the only evidence that a maid had been in our room was that the bins had been emptied and the toilet roll had been replaced. Our beds weren't made once and our towels weren't replaced. I did ask for new towels at reception, but was always told they would be changed the next day.

There are four different pools located around the hotel. There is only one you can really swim in, which was situated by our complex. All the other pools are more for relaxation, with water only coming up to your waist. This was fine with us, as we were normally recovering from the night before. However, all the pools have missing tiles. You don't think this will be a problem, until one of our group cut his foot badly. This nearly forced us to take him to the local medical centre, but luckily the local pharmacy had everything we needed to properly sterilise and dress the cut.

The pools also have music blaring from speakers all day. For a group of guys that enjoy the selection of house, hip-hop and R&B playing it wasn't an issue. But if you're after a quiet day around the pool, you're not going to get it here. If you don't fancy sitting by the pool all day, then I would 100% recommend going to Nissi Beach. It's a 10 minute taxi from the hotel, which cost us €28 (€14 each way). I've been on holidays to the Caribbean/Mexico and nothing compares to the white sand and clear blue water of Nissi Beach.

Finally, don't buy the internet from the hotel! You can only get a strong connection from around the main pool. Instead, find restaurants/bars that offer free WiFi. Every restaurant we ate in had free WiFi, which allowed us to keep to up-to-date with everything happening back home.

Negatives aside, if you're after a party holiday there are some benefits to staying in Tsokkos Holiday Apartments. Firstly, the hotel is literally 100 yards from strip. We could have probably thrown a stone from our balcony and it would have landed on the door of the first nightclub. With that being said, for me, noise from the strip was never an issue when trying to get to sleep after a nightout.

As we went in September, the strip wasn't that busy. Nevertheless, there were still events going on throughout the week, meaning the nightclubs were still busy. Depending on your music taste, I would recommend going to Castle (five rooms all with different music genres), Club Aqua (house) and Black 'N' White (R&B/hip-hop).

We didn't buy the wristband which our 18-30 rep tried to sell us. I believe it costs €260 per person. If you're not going in peak-season, then I wouldn't buy it. We met three other guys that had bought the wristband and all three of them said it wasn't worth the money. Instead, we made friends with reps from bars/clubs that gave us tickets to all the different events on throughout the week. We also bought tickets for the Fantasy Boat Party, which again got us more free tickets for events. This was on top of the tickets we got for free from restaurants. Nearly all the restaurants we ate at would give us tickets when we paid the bill.

Restaurants I would recommend going to are Los Bandidos (Mexican food), Gary's Bar and Grill (traditional English food), Yo' Thai Asian Restaurant (Thai food), Olive Tree Restaurant (mixed menu) and Othello Restaurant (mixed menu). We also went to a traditional Cypriot restaurant (can't remember the name) opposite McDonalds, that again I would recommend going to if you fancy trying some of the local food.

When we met our 18-30 rep he seemed nice and helpful, giving us tips for the week and events that he recommended going to. However, when we decided not to buy the wristband he was trying to sell us, we didn't see him for the rest of the holiday. He didn't reply to texts and never answered his phone. This didn't bother us, until we needed to find out what time our transfer was for our flight home. Fortunately, another group knew this, meaning we didn't have to stress trying to find it out by ourselves. I feel that because we didn't buy this wristband, he felt he didn't need to help us.

Overall, I would recommend Tsokkos Holiday Apartments for a group of boys/girls like ourselves that are wanting to go to Ayia Napa for a party holiday. However, if you're not after this, then don't stay in this hotel. I know this review may seem very negative, but we all had a blast!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
6  Thank danramatthews
Reviewed 24 September 2016

On arrival which was a Sunday at 11pm ish we were told to wait at the reception area to be taken to our room, a man came he took us round the back through a dark lane then over a road to another block, it was a dump I knew straight away this was going to be bad there were old bed stacked hi and rubbish just dumped in a corner. We went up some stairs then into our room which was 101 my god it was a dump I cried.... Shower curtain was black, sofa was stained, the bedroom room wall was black with markings, the toilet seat was hanging off, the curtain was hanging off the runner, no hand towel , no bath Matt, just two towels, floor was mingling with a fishing hook on the floor so obviously it had not even been brushed. And the dangerous thing was the balcony railings were all loose it was so dangerous. First thing the next morning I phoned the Olympic Rep who was called Dan he was very helpful I told him the situation that basically I would not sleep my dog in a room like that he phoned the reception and got us moved to another room which was 1024 but could only do this on the Tuesday morning at 11am also they offered us free air conditioning and a free meal ( we never took the free meal ) so we agreed to move it was a much nicer room in the main block Nr the main reception but the towel situation was still the same no hand towel or bath matt. We never used the pool area atall as the music was too loud and banged all day it was just too much. We never ate there either but had heard of a gentleman that was staying there that the food was disgusting so can not comment personally myself. The cleaners never changed the bed all week all they did was provided clean bath towels and toilet roll and emptied the bins. All in all where ever you stay if it's cheap or 2star or 3star you exspect some kind of standard. I would never go back here even though the room they moved us to was nice. Do not go by the Olympic Holiday Broacher as its nothing to that standard at all.

Room Tip: Make sure your put in the first block behind the main reception
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple