Paul Marie Apartments
Nissiana Hotel & Bungalows(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Breakfast included
Christofinia Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
Loutsiana Hotel Apts(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Pool
Pavlo Napa Beach Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$146
Nestor Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$214
US$154
US$160
US$155
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Aktea Beach Village(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
Travelocity
Okeanos Beach Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$86
Hotwire.com
US$215
US$185
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsboat partyclub repsgirls lads holidaydiscounted drinksswimming pool is smallfree entrythe pool bar manwhole weekfab holidaystripclubseurosnapacocktails
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

We booked this holiday as a cheap last minute deal.

I'd read reviews on here and thought "it can't be that bad" and then thought "it's 18-30's what do you expect" but I am absolutely not joking when I say..it really is that bad!

We arrived late at night and we're greeted by one of the wonders..given our key and off we went...when we got to our room it was a studio (we booked a 1 bedroom apartment) I wet downstairs and informed reception that we had been put in the wrong room..by this point the manager had left and the barman was dealing with me..he was on his phone talking to someone and was more annoyed that I'd disturbed his conversation and just told me to come back tomorrow..

We stayed in the studio for one night and it was disgusting..dirty pots in the cupboards..toilet was dirty..room was boiling.

We went out for a few drinks and food and then went to bed..we got woke up the next morning by ants crawling all over our faces/bodies.

I again went downstairs to discuss our room and was fobbed off..at this point I rang Thomas cook who were very good and got a rep to come out and speak to us.

Thomas cook went and spoke to the person on the desk and all of a sudden they understood what I was talking about and agreed to move our rooms.

We moved to our new room and it was much better (although not what the pictures looked like online when we booked)

We left our key with reception while we went out down the strip..when we returned around 2/3am there was no one on reception so I had to go behind the desk and get my own key..(anyone from the street could have walked in and took someone's room key)

Every night from that point we were woke up around 5/6am when all of the younger kids returned from the strip..they would be singing/shouting/arguing/throwing things off the balcony etc. (Air con drowns out the noise)

The maid came in most days however just made the beds and didn't do much else..the bathroom was disgusting when we got there and the floors were black the whole holiday. We saw the mop bucket the maid used to mop the floor and the water was filthy!!

I brought my own cleaning products to clean the bathroom as it was that bad!

The swimming pool is small however it is very quiet until around 4pm as everyone is still in bed sleeping. There are toilets/showers downstairs near the pool however the floor gets very slippery and the handrail comes off of the wall (I nearly broke my neck)

Some staff are friendly (bar man at the pool is lovely) however most of them are miserable and don't really want to deal with you.

Air con is €70 a week and tbh it is really good..it does get very cold. The rooms get too hot without it so I would advise paying for it..we looked for a fan around ayia napa but nowhere seems to sell them and I'm sure the hotel wouldn't let you have one in there anyway.

If you're flight isn't until late I would pay for late check out as there isn't really anywhere you can go to get ready..the shower near the pool only has a shower curtain and people walk in/out to use the toilet which is next to the shower..(not very private)

Towels were changed every other day which was good.

I understand this is an 18-30s hotel but I also feel there should be at least some standards set.

If you are between 18-22 this hotel is perfect for you if you're looking for a cheap place to stay that is close to the strip however I'd say anything over 22ish..this hotel isn't for you.

I'm sure I'd of loved it when I was younger (I'm 26 now and came away with my partner)

There is no hairdryer in the room however I heard reception talking to a room and saying they'll take a hairdryer up to them (probably at a charge)

Some of the rooms have been decorated and modernised and look really good but most of them look like there from the 60s..if you can request a done up room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Location:
A few minutes from the strip where all of the bars and clubs are! Not far from Eleanor supermarket which is a lot cheaper than the local shop nearest to Paul Marie! Compared to many other hotels and apartments, Paul Marie was the closest to the strip.

Wristband:
The reps try to get you to spend 260 pound on a wristband as soon as you get to Paul Marie. We said we didn't even have 260 pound with us which made sure the reps left us alone and made us feel like we wouldn't survive Napa on our money or without the wristband. The reps are only doing their job and they do it well but trust me you do not need one. You are stuck to time restrictions and an itinerary for the whole week which may seem great when you get there, but its more like a school trip. If you do have sufficient funds then why get one to try it out but if you would rather choose the bars/clubs/places you want to go to don't get one! Often the bars and clubs are competing and give you discounted drinks and free entry anyway (especially if you are a girl!) My friend and I went out every night all night and it was definitely cheaper than buying a wristband!! Even with a wristband you will still need to buys drinks!

Bars/Clubs:
Castle Club gives ladies free entry before 12 as well as a free cocktail so we made use of this every night as why not! Beware after your free drink the drinks are quite pricey so you might as well move on and get a deal somewhere else.

Titanic bar was so much fun they charge 4 euro for a drink and a shot - the staff in there are great!

Bedrock was one of our favourites as it is a silent disco! We paid 7 euros for a drink, shot, entry and a set of headphones. It was worth every penny!

Ambasseden does the best cocktails. For 7 euro you get a 2 in 1 cocktail with a sparker in it which looks impressive.

River Reggae did two cocktails for 5 euro = bargain!

Loads of people will stand outside of the bars and clubs giving you flyers for free entry or discounted drinks so just collect them and go for the best deal and then move on.

Hotel staff were friendly and you won't get fined unless you break anything which is normal anywhere you go!

The hotel plays music around the pool which is great and if you don't like the song ask the bar man to change it and he will.

Major issue in this hotel is how expensive the air con is a night (70 euro) - if you choose not to pay it, leave your balcony door open and sleep on a wet towel (this is how my friend and I survived) and managed lots of sleep!

Hope this helps and saves you lots of money!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lizzie M
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is great for a girls/lads holiday has absolutely everything you could need and is exceptionally cheap for drinks food etc. There wasn't one unpleasant member of staff at Paul Marie, all absolutely fab! The hotel was constantly cleaned and the rooms are a great size. We chose not to pay for the air con however would advice that you do as it was wayyy too hot even at the start of the season. The reps were fab helping you to have the best holiday you can. We bought the wristbands from the reps which were quite a lot to begin with however, taking into account everywhere we went and the amount of money we would've spent without them, they were pretty good and reasonably priced.
All in all fab holiday at a fab hotel- will definitely recommend this hotel to others!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Stayed for a week at the Paul Marie studios from the 25th June-2nd June with 3 friends. The hotel isn't the best to look at but it is always kept clean and has everything you need, we were all pleasantly surprised when we arrived at how better it was compared to the pictures. The staff are very friendly especially the bar staff and there is always some music at the pool bar to get you in the mood. Food is relatively cheap and nice too for the price. The club 18-30 reps were amazing and looked after us for the whole holiday. From the moment we arrived they helped us to our room and told us about the package, at first we were a little sceptical because it seems like a lot of money to be paying out straight away however it was totally worth the price and saved us a lot of money in the end. Even if you don't think you want to do the whole package it is definitely worth doing some, especially full moon, paint and boat party. The reps especialy Ayrton always made sure we were having fun, getting drunk and just having the best time. The wristbands got us discounted drinks and free entry into some clubs which saved us a lot of money, and the reps always got us offers on the bars for drinks which was great. The wristbands definitely gave us the best experience and we are already planning our next holiday. We all had the best time.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

amazing get the 18-30s wristband FROM THE REPS when you arrive! This will get you free bars in all clubs, all parties, discount drinks! The reps are class and also you get drunk 24/7, Pool bar man is really nice and funny be nice and he gives you discount and also free drinks! Also play belting music around the pool. The reps are so lovely and help you around and meet up with you all ready for the night and walk you down! Casey and the lad rep are also really nice and helpful. The rooms are standard 18-30s nothing bad.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends