“Great Views of Roses”
Review of Grecs Hotel

Grecs Hotel
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Roses
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I arrived on a hot day and when I checked in found no a/c in the property -- only a fan attached to the wall. It was tough sleeping that night The next day it got cooler and rained and the fan with open doors to balcony was sufficient for me to get a good nights sleep. If they would install a/c units I'd rate this place as Very Good. It has tremendous views of Rosas. It is very clean, staff friendly, lovely large pool and sun tanning area, hearty breakfast, and comfortable bed. The only furniture problem was the arm chairs whose springs have weakened during its lifetime -- I had to use the pillow to sit on it. They also have a shuttle to take you down to town which runs 4 times a day. Caution -- rooms are handicapped accessible but the bar and pool are not -- must go down steps

Room Tip: all rooms face the Med and harbor
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 July 2017

At a price of a 2-star hotel, this hotel offers a magnificent top view towards the bay of Roses and comfortable and decent rooms. The hotel looks freshly renovated. The reception clerks are very kind and amiable and they speak many languages, including English and French. The vast majority of the guests during our stay were French speaking. There are not many (if any) entertainments for kids, but it is at walking access from Roses beaches and a variety of activities with kids. The buffets ( breakfast, lunch, dinner) were good even if not a lot of variation from one day to another. All in all a very good ratio price/quality.,

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2016

Splendid hotel with 62 rooms , all of them having a view on the bay of Roses .
The staff very polite , always ready to help you . Well cleaned , towels of the bathroom changed every day,the bed sheets twice a week .
There is also a swimmingpool , a bar . For breakfast , lunch and dinner , big buffet with a lot of choice ans specially about desserts . You can eat on a splendid terrace with a panoramic view on Roses .

Room Tip: all the rooms have a balcony with 2 armchairs , big parking behind the hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Loved it . We'll
Be back . Lovely staff . Short walk to seafront . Good food in buffet restaurant . Room very clean and cool . Plenty of parking . Wonderful views . Easy to find . Shops etc very close . Good price. Comfortable .

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Me and my son had an over night stay on the 1st September 2016, after reading the reviews I still decided to book this hotel for a few factors, price, the half board option, the pool and the views, so most reviews were good but alot mentioned about the lack of a/c in the rooms and that they need a refurb, well there is still no a/c and the day we stopped was 34c, stunning weather, the pool was lovley and the buffet dinner was more than acceptable and plentyfull, and the view when having dinner....well you can't buy that! the bar downstairs was nice, had a few pool tables, air hockey and football tables as well and a nice terrace with again the view! So to the room, we use this to sleep in haha, this is why we booked even after reading the reviews because in my book as long as it's clean that's fine by me because when I sleep generally my eyes are closed! Well the surprise....they have started to refurb the rooms and the one we stayed in was one of them, this was a very pleasant surprise, the room was hot but I'm from England so while the weather is nice I don't complain! We slept with the balcony door open all night and the fan on and yes it was warm but we slept and woke up to the stunning views, if I was to be picky I would say a little bit more on the refurb to the rooms ie more contemporary beds and bedding and to remove the wood paneling on the ceiling that little bit extra would make the difference again as I think this hotel for its location deserves better reviews, they have guessing replaced the full bathroom all the doors fitted new wardrobes new desk and contemporary panelling and TV and contemporary paneling behind the beds, breakfast starts at 8am would have been nice a little earlier as I did want to leave the hotel at 8am the following day, but we stayed and had breakfast and again plentyfull and very nice....oh and again the view haha, the staff are lovley and we're very helpfull and yes I would stay again. Thank you hotel grecs! And I wish you well for the future.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family