“Delicious food with some niggles”

Restaurante San Juan Plaza Mayor
Ranked #17 of 205 Restaurants in Cuenca
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Service was quick bearing in mind that the outside terrace was full and it was a hot summer Saturday evening. We ordered a Paella for 2 persons which was preceded by bread and drinks and in the end took some 20 minutes to arrive. Once it did, it came in a big pan and it was quite tasty but... It was a bit salty, some bits of rice we're still hard (or maybe overcooked and slightly burned) and you could feel bits of sand from the seafood shells. And in the end we were charged for the bread that we didn't eat and 2 EUR for a bottle of water. But in the end I can say that I've enjoyed it

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Perfect place to grab dinner! Fantastic racions good price and excellent service. Couldn't find fault with anything and really good prices. Well worth a visit when you are in Cuenca

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and value. Menu has a variety of options a la carte. Menu of the day was great! Location is very quaint. Outdoor seating, nice weather. Service was good.

Reviewed 28 April 2017

My fiance and I sat down for a quick bite and ended up devouring a huge pan of great paella. I was low on Euro and didn't want to use my card in Cuenca, but had USD. The waiter accepted my USD. My fiance loved the paella! Cuenca is a great town with great people!

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We were in Cuenca for three nights the week before Easter and ate here on two of the evenings. Really lovely food, not too expensive and the waiters were very attentive. If we return to Cuenca we'll certainly eat here.