“Not secure for young children”

Billy-Bob's Parlour
Ranked #1 of 1 Quick Bites in Barton
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: The baby of the Billy Bob’s family - Billy Bob’s Myerscough; right now an Outdoor walk-up Hamburger and Ice Cream Stand, serving Burger and Fries, Exciting ice cream flavours, American Pancakes, Waffles, Sundaes and huge Beverage selection, with Adventurous Outdoor and Undercover Play. Enjoy your refreshments at our outdoor and undercover seating options, or inside the authentic american School Bus. Ever seen a 1950’s Dairy Queen in a California movie? It’s a bit like that – but better!
Reviewed 2 June 2021

The place is really fun for the kids, the staff were really friendly but it's not secure. My youngest is 3, my nephew is 6 and my niece is 1 - There are lots of places for them to climb and hide, which in a safe play area is great but with no secure lock gates, this place is stress inducing. The outdoor area has 2 gates that can be opened by anyone and left open, the indoor area has two big open entrances, it was so busy that they could run out and into the car park in minutes. We all turned up in masks but literally not one other person had one on and it wasn't encouraged. A lot of it is outdoors but you're all in the same area, so naturally close. Clearly, a lot of thought and effort has gone into making it fun for the kids, which is brilliant and my children really enjoyed themselves, despite me having a mental breakdown trying to keep track of them all. It needs secure gates that can only be opened by staff and actual bookings for adults, to keep numbers down for COVID and to keep children safe, as there was no way they could have confirmed every adult there had arrived with a child.

Date of visit: June 2021
Write a reviewReviews (69)

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Just got Home from a visit to Billy Bob's Preston, our first time there. What an absolute refreshing change that such a good place for kids to play doesn't mug you of all your money , only charges for the child and not the adult and has food that is actually edible and not sourced from the cheapest suppliers. My daughter has thoroughly enjoyed her afternoon swinging on the ropes and sliding in the sacks. Hygiene was impeccable and encouraged (Covid 19) by such friendly and helpful staff. Looks like there is a massive development under construction. We will definitely be back!!! Well done

Reviewed 26 May 2021

Had a fantastic day at billy bobs yesterday. My 3 year old little girl loved it. During term time there is no time limit to play which made it much more relaxed and the staff are so friendly and helpful. We ended up spending 3-4 hours there playing, having food on the bus and eating ice cream. I can see how at weekends and holidays it would get very busy which may mean a few queues but I suppose that’s to be expected anywhere. Overall it was a great day out in the fresh air with shelter in the barn when it started raining a little.

Reviewed 23 May 2021 via mobile

This weekend Me my partner and our three kids along with our Nextdoor neighbours and other family and friends all pre-booked to go to the kids play park. When we got there the car park was very busy and managed to get a space a way off from the entrance. There did not seem to be any importance of Covid and limited guests as we went in the park it was overcrowded and no one was advised to wear a mask. Defeating the point of pre-booking to limit the amount of guests. The kids had a good time and I noticed that they had put the pricing up and limited the time from 2 hour down to only one hour before your time was up. They also chained the way in off making it clear they wanted you out once people had spent time in the barn and made it to the outdoor area which seemed a bit cheeky. They were certainly doing their best to make their losses back this time. Overall it was a good time out for the kids.

Reviewed 31 October 2020

Took my 2 grandchildren on Tuesday 27/10/20 . After booking a slot online As directed by your website ,I was under the impression that there would be limited people about. How wrong was I . We had to queue up outside alongside many others and wait for staff to book us in . Behind me was a group of at least 10 people who had no booking but were told by staff not to worry they would find space. Once inside ther must have been at least 100 if not more people . No mask wearing , no social distancing and staff not implementing any rules. I was horrified and needless to say did not stay . Something needs to be addressed here to follow government rules .

Date of visit: October 2020

Been to Billy-Bob's Parlour? Share your experiences!