“Great looking beer garden”

The Gully Public House & Garden
Ranked #21 of 120 Restaurants in Tea Tree Gully
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Upon arriving you are greeted with a beautiful multi level modern beer garden. It's a good looking addition. The one issue is that it's lacking enough seating area. I've been here on 3 occasions on each time we have had to dine on bar stool heigh seats and tables. Not something easy to do if you have kids. They should be removed and replaced with lower dining height tables.

The food is average pub grub. I've ordered pizzas, schnitzels, and burgers from here but nothing has really impressed me. Food and drink prices are fairly high for a pub. Kids meals are decent.

Would I call this my local, most likely not but a ok place to come watch a footy game on the big tv with mates.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When the service is so poor that you wish you hadn’t spent the money to go out an enjoy dinner with friends, it really sucks! Felt like everyone had Mondayitis and wanted to go home which made us a group feel pushed to get out and uncomfortable. also found it super rude as soon as one person finished eating on the table they took the plates away aswell which put pressure on the other people to eat quicker. (Mind you our booking wasnt late either) Could say a whole lot more but won’t.. love the look of the place but not the look of staff which is really disappointing and food was average and cold.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Friday night. Didn't want a late night, but knew the singer who was performing background music, so we went for a quick meal and a relaxing drink.
Hadn't been there for a long time and I liked the little "booth" style nooks around the edge. multiple levels and multiple bars was interesting.
We were greeted and offered seating (even though we didn't have a booking on a busy night)
The bar staff were excellent and the wine list that covered all the bases without being ridiculously long.
It was a noisy environment with a fair share of families with kids, but I coped (even though my tolerance levels are usually quite low, because when we go out, we like our (and adult) company.
The food came out very quickly (considering how busy they were) and served with a smile.
All in all it was a nice relaxing couple of hours, with excellent food and background music in really nice surroundings (kids notwithstanding. but that's just me)
I sat back, relaxed and thought " gee, this is actually a very nice place for an easy night" with no complaints from us at all.
I realise that there are some poor reviews, but I observed a consistency of customer service that tends to come from training, not by sheer chance, so maybe poor reviews were a one off?
Parking is plentiful, glasses and dishes removed quickly and efficiently.
One patron dropped and broke a glass as the result of trying to carry too much and it was addressed within 10 seconds (the staff have 2 way radios on their hip)
The competition between pubs is high and I had not realised that the Gully had lifted their game so much, which I found much better than many we have been to recently.
As for the dining room (prior visit), the buffet roasts are big serves and the salad bar good, but I agree with previous comments about "cafeteria style". Nothing to get excited about.
I will now go straight the the garden room (or whatever its called) and I'm interested in trying a nook, which would definitely require a booking.
I would be happy to return.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The environment is very unique however the the acoustics need improving. It was busy on a Tuesday night we were there and it is difficult to hold a conversation. We ordered and the meal did not' arrive for almost an hour. The salt and pepper squid was excellent however my husband had the Mushroom and Haloumi burger was small with scant salad and a handful of sweet potato fries (not good value). Two Lemon Lime and bitters with soda water for cost $11.00 pretty steep, next time I'll stick with water. Suggest you ask the price before you have them prepare a drink.
Table service was very ordinary and the apology for the delay on the meals sounded quite insincere.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I went for Sunday lunch in the dining room and found it very noisy. The food was very blan more like cafeteria style. I wasn't impressed.