“The only true mexican”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Arturo is great folk! He sells a basic mexican menu, good taste, great price. Keep in mind Arturo is a place to eat near the side of the road; no fancy upscale, chairs are plastic, nothing expensive just the best mexican food in rincon and posibly the west side of puerto rico made by Arturo a REAL macho mexicano. Eat and go food and a chat with a great folk if he is not busy. He is there from 4or 6 pm until 12 am.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

After reading rave reviews, we found this cute roadside stand for dinner. Arturo was friendly and welcoming. He used fresh ingredients. But the food was not as great as we'd expected. I love Mexican food and have eaten at many Mexican restaurants. This was average. I was expecting it to be more flavorful. I didn't like the beef in the chimichanga, but the chicken was good. Overall, it was very salty. So much so that I could feel it in my lips afterwards. We quickly remedied the after dinner thirst by heading to Kahuna Frappe for the most delicious butterfinger frappe ever. You can find this on hwy 115 in the Bacardi Bonnet Plaza next to the laundromat.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stopped in on a Saturday Night...great ambience..Arturo was friendly prepared the meal with fresh ingredients. Good presentation of Chimichangas...took a bite expecting authentic "Mexican" flavor...If "Salt" is the national spice..he was right on! A little disappointing..but hey, that's the way it goes. Still a great vacation!

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Arturo has a great way of marinating this chicken, because it's always delicious. I tried his food one night when I couldn't decide what to eat. I'm always curious about new place's versions of Mexican food (I'm from Texas) so I'm always for trying it out!
I have ordered the chicken enchilada and chicken quesadilla and both are good! The price is reasonable for the portion, I usually end up taking part of my quesadilla home anyways. Note that these don't come with the usual beans and rice like most TexMex, he makes a little salad that he adds as a the side. His hot sauce is homemade and it's great!
He's open late, which is perfect for all you that like to stay out at the bars. :)
Plus, once you've been a few times, he gets to know you and then you can have a nice chat whenever you visit! He always asks me how classes are and how my diving has been. Very friendly and very proud of his town.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Arturo is actually Mexican, so that is comforting! It is a truck by the road that opens late (after 4pm). Great for a casual (very casual) dinner or late night snack. The menu is simple but complete (nachos, tacos, burritos, chimichangas..) Not expensive for the serving.