“Christmas Vacation”

Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Rincon
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I really love it. They are so nice. The f
Rest & pool bar were great. For weddings its amazing. The sunset so beautiful. After the Hurracaine Maria we are still standing. And going foward showing the world tha Puerto Rico is still beautiful. Rincon is in the west about 2 hours so and so from San Juan

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The restaurant was clean and near many excellent restaurants and beaches. Located right outside the town, near big Supermarket. My daughter is a vegetarian. We found a food truck lot near the hotel with excellent veggie burritos and other veggie offerings.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank LeeandElisa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Villas were a disaster and when it was brought to the managements attention all they could say is the villas were purchased a month earlier and have not been refurbished - why rent them? When we asked to go into a regular hotel room, we were told the hotel was completely booked and when we asked for a refund, they said you must take it up with Expedia since our trip was handled through them. Ugh! The view was to die for but not to sleep in such horrendous conditions. It was dated and filthy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We booked this hotel for a romantic trip to Rincon through TripAdvisor (Tingo is the third party booking company they use for hotel reservations). I've never booked accommodations through TripAdvisor and I figured I'd give it a shot. We were assigned to the Villas at Rincon of the Seas. Upon checking in, we were directed to the special check-in area for the Villas, which is located in an old wine bar (??). The STENCH of mold was god awful and I genuinely feel bad for the agents that have to work in those hazardous conditions. The Villas are located outside of the actual resort and let me tell you, they are absolutely depressing. Run down. Old. Falling apart. I kind of felt like our room was a prison. We decided to go eat dinner and come back and chat with the front desk because our room was not livable.

The agent we spoke with, after five minutes and lots of clicking around on his keyboard, said he located another room for us in the main resort (Please keep in mind: the whole time I was standing there waiting for my new room assignment, the phone was ringing constantly and not ONE person answered it. This comes up later again in my review.). We walked over to the prison, I mean the Villas, and grabbed all our stuff and made our way over the the resort. Upon trying to enter what we thought was our new room, we overheard an entire family shocked and horrified that we were entering THEIR room. We made our way back down to the front desk, again, and explained to them that they checked us into a room with people in it and asked for another room. The original agent that helped us took one look at me and walked into the back office. Real professional. Another agent assisted in assigning us what is now our THIRD room at Rincon of the Seas. Guess what happened next? You guessed it, they checked us into ANOTHER room with someone who this time was in the shower!! We went to the front desk and left our key and asked them to cancel our reservation. They verbally confirmed with me that Tingo could contact them for process my reimbursement. It has now been over a week and Tingo has not been able to reach anyone because they deliberately DO NOT answer their phones. What kind of hotel doesn't answer their phones????

Please promise me you'll take my advice, DO NOT STAY HERE! Go to Serenity or Casa Verde. Much more beautiful and updated properties with a much better sense for hospitality. Rincon of the Seas needs to shut down that terrible operation. TripAdvisor, I'd like to advise you to stop working with this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CarolinaR_NYC
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Let me start my review by saying that Rincon of the Seas is the best Hotel in Rincon to stay.

Worth every penny spent for what you received. Let me clarify this statement, Rincon Of the Seas it is not a 6 or 5 star Hotel. And why I say this? Because I read a lots of reviews from people talking negatives things about the Hotel, but the reality is they are expecting to receive royalty treatment on the wrong place. If you want perfection go to a 6 star Hotel.

My wife and I have stayed on the best hotels on the island and outside Puerto Rico, and our experience here was good. No bigs complaints at all.

Nice rooms, nice pool with a pool bar area. All employees and specially servers are very friendly and food were good. The beach is beautiful a little rocky but perfectly to enjoy. Very calm. If you want to have a peaceful family or romantic vacation this is the place to go.

A constructive criticism is that they need more security on the hotel.

Definitely recommend the hotel and will come back soon.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eddanor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
0.2 km away
45 km away
Parador Villa Parguera
28.2 km away
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel? Share your experiences!