“Beautiful, calming location, great rooms”
Review of Coconut Palms Inn

Coconut Palms Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Rincon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2017

A beautiful location , the beach literally steps away from your room. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everyone was friendly and helpful. If you are looking for a quiet a place to relax and listen to the calming sounds of the waves or to take a quiet stroll on an uncrowded beach this is the place. If you are looking for a 5 star resort with a bar and restaurant look elsewhere. My only regret is that we did not spend more time here, far from the noise and bustle of San Juan..... if we ever go back to Puerto Rico we will be staying here.

Room Tip: The Whale room is great, opens on to the patio and faces the beach
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank r o
Gail T, Owner at Coconut Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

It is truly wonderful to be able to walk down a stunning beach and not see many or any other people. That was the major motivation, for us, when we bought this hacienda in 1996. We wanted to be on this specific beach... right in town, only 8 blocks south of the center plaza, but with a quiet residential beach atmosphere. We look forward to seeing you again, my friend. Thanks!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

My boyfriend and I arrived in Rincon and were met a pleasant surprise of being showed around this beautiful accommodation right at the beach! We got a nice, big, clean room that was far better than expected in front of the "garden-patio". The luxury of waking up and taking breakfast at the common-terrace area in front of the beach was amazing. We found the staff very helpful and nice and they suggested us different restaurants as well. Because of the friendliness and the beautiful location we chose to stay an extra night! It was in a relatively quiet area, but yet super close to the city center. It was a convenient location also if you are interested in visiting other places on the west/south coast during your stay on day trips. We will definitely come back once we have the chance and I would not hesitate on booking a room on Coconut palm inn!

Thanks again!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SegoviaA

Paradise is my favorite word to hear! That is our goal, here, to make you want to stay longer and to send you away fully relaxed. I hear what you are saying...location, location, location. We are very fortunate to be in such a great beach spot, so close to the center of town plaza. Our Coconut family can't wait to see you again, come back soon. Thanks!

Reviewed 22 February 2017

This was a beautiful place to stay on the North Western tip of Puerto Rico. Horseback riding close-by. Great restaurants. Small town atmosphere unlike San Juan. This is a great place to escape to. (August 2013)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Gail T, Owner at Coconut Palms Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thanks Kelly! Yes, Rincon is far, far away from anything like San Juan, LOL! Beautiful, natural, unspoiled, where the rain forest mountains meet the sea. Crystal clear water, surf on one side of the Rincon point, dive on the other side. We moved here, from San Juan, in 1995. That was a life changing move. I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2017

We had an oceanfront room on the first floor. Due to the small window shutters, you will never enjoy the view from inside the room. Not to mention the thin plastic coverings over the window, that did nothing to insulate the room or reduce noise. The other problem was the deck is accessible to everyone, so every evening people were literally outside of our window until late hours...with no means to reduce the noise. The first night I am startled out of sleep by a cockroach running down my arm. I was giving ant/fly spray to fix the problem and told they crawl in under the doors. There is no daily housekeeping to speak of. Day 2 they put the bug spray in the room, that was it. Day 3 they kinda made the bed? Do not look for fresh towels or daily service. This probably has more to do with the roaches, than the easy access under doors. You are given plates, cups, and utensils to use, but the only sink to wash them in is the bathroom. The only amenities in the room were two thin bars of soap. The shower lacked any shelves or places to put your stuff, your choices were the floor of the shower or on the sink 3 ft away. There was no toilet paper holder, you could see where one used to be...instead the toilet paper was standing on the spare toilet paper rack on the floor. The bedspread came pre-stained, never choose a black bedspread if you do not plan to clean it. There was actually a sign on the wall telling us if we left any electric items running when we left the room we would be fined. Which makes you wonder why they use very thin plastic window covers, which literally moved every time you opened or closed the door (they were not attached to the window). This place has so much potential, I hope they will reinvest and make improvements. Sadly, we will never return to find out.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hubert M

We always encourage our potential clients to read about and know the kind of accommodation they are reserving. I use the online bookers myself, frequently, and I always know where I'm going, what kind of accommodations I have reserved. Coconut Palms is not a resort, luxury hotel, does not have the name "boutique" in the advertising. It is our our 9 bedroom beach front mini estate, our home, that we share with the public by way of being a public guest house. We don't have any bugs. I live here, I would be the first one to know if we did. Yes, there is a kind of palmetto bug (flying roach) in this region that will occasionally fly into a light or lit room. They prefer being outdoors in the palmetto trees. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay, but your comments have helped us. I have tightened up our housekeeping service. We have always provided soap, now we have added conditioning shampoo to our bathrooms. This is the second time this month that I have heard about amenities. Historically, our clients bring their own toiletries. Things change. If you would ever consider coming back to my home, make an email to my attention and I will give you your first night, comp. Thanks.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Puerto Rico, I feel, tends to get short shrift in terms of Caribbean panache. Rincon in general and the Coconut Palms Inn in particular are not to be confused with an all inclusive Sandals resort vacation. SO MUCH THE BETTER! One should travel to get a sense of the people not the quality of the towels!! At least I think so!! The building and room was functionable, liveable and well attended to. A light switch by the door and a window in the Pelican room door, perhaps add a screen door for cross ventilation. The staff, Rosie and especially the night manager Angel, were the true gems of the property. I had more interaction with Angel. He was welcoming and gave me great insight into the people of Puerto Rico, local flora and fauna and recommended seeing the lighthouse and beach in Cabo Rojo which was sublime! Anne and I felt that at the end of our 9 days at the Coconut Palms we had made a new friend of Angel, in fact I am sure we did-Kevin Alcock , N.J. Jan. 2017

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple

You hit that nail right on the head. We had toured the Caribbean, extensively, seen the same beaches and palm trees everywhere. Then, during an extended visit to San Juan, we took a day trip and discovered Rincon. Wow! Island magic plus...largest live reef in PR Tres Palmas, world class surf breaks, world class diving, adorable town with the best restaurants and chefs in the Caribbean, a solidly eclectic mix of citizens (originating from all over the planet Earth) that are both charming and fascinating... what a great place to move to and open a business. Yes, Angel is definitely a gem! Thanks for the door tip. We are actually in the middle of a project, replacing all of the doors. Most are done and installed, Starfish new door installation is being finished up, today. Pelican is next. We expect to have them all replaced within the year. Come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rincon
0.6 km away
0.4 km away
Rincon Inn
Rincon Inn
#18 of 19 in Rincon

Been to Coconut Palms Inn? Share your experiences!