“I LOVE this Simple Heaven on Earth”

Cherai Beach Residency
Ranked #1 of 25 Cherai Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I simply love the room#206 that friendly helpful owners, Mr. Poly and Mrs. Jessy have managed to secure booked for me for 8days 7nights. I was there for my 7days Ayurveda Treatments (with Prakruthi Ayurveda Spa and Treatment Center) and Dr. Harikumar highly recommended this residency for me when I mentioned that I want "almost a piece of my own paradise heaven alike".

It's like having a simple heaven with the Arabian Sea view and waves that is solely mine. The mattress, four pillows, clean spacious room with cupboards facilty with a lockable drawer, a mini fridge, kettle with tea bags and instant coffee, private mini balcony, clean big mirror bathroom with WC and standing shower.

The amazing chef follows "religiously" my doctor's written menu for my well-being and always up to my enjoyment. Fresh pineapple juice without sugar and no ice cubes. Fresh banana given daily which helps with my bowel, ahahaa.. The workers there are friendly, respectful of my privacy and concern about well-being. I'm blessed enough.

I love walking on the sandy beach in the morning, trying to be friends with the dogs, crows, cows nearby; layback seated reading a book my doctor gave on the plastic chair at the balcony and I SAW DOLPHINS FLIPPING UP FROM THE WAVES!!

Room Tip: My room was 206 and I love it. So glad I paid for the best at great affortable fee
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TurtleFan4
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Cherai Beach Residency for your stay and for sparing valuable time to share your experience with us.

Your review is indeed valuable to us, as they boosted our energy to serve our guests further better. Thank you so much.

You were great to us and we are grateful to your support, and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. We value your opinion as the one really intended to help us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance from us. We look forward for an enduring relationship with you.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Location was good, right on the seashore. Friendly people and warm hospitality. This is the BEST place to stay at Cherai. Rooms are small but comfortable with excellent sea view. They do have free Wifi with weak signal. Only down side is food cost, bit high.

Room Tip: Best Sea view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Reviewed 6 June 2017

The property is situated right across the Cherai beach and you can view the sea & beach from your room. Hosts are very kind people, well maintained property and food is good too. But, the rooms are not spacious - its good enough for a couple, but with kids not enough. We struggled to adjust with 2 kids, A/C was not effective (thankfully monsoon had set in and we were able to manage). Few things which we generally take for granted in a hotel were not there - open cupboard, no locker, no mirror in the room, though there is one in the bathroom. Was surprised to see the toilet cleaning brush in the bathroom. So its a tradeoff, I would call it more as a homestay than a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

We pledge to consistently improve upon our services and provide our guests a most comfortable stay. Your review is indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed efforts to serve our guests better.

You were great to us and we are grateful to your review by sharing with us your valuable feedback. We value your opinion as the one really intended to help us.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

super location and ambience. Windy area. Good view from the hotel. Staff were good. Service was up to the mark. Hospitality was commendable. Over all we all enjoyed the stay at the hotel. very close to the beach

Room Tip: rooms with sea view will be better option
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

You were great to us and we are grateful for sharing with us your valuable feedback.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance from us.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We reached Cherai Beach Residency at 2000 on 17th March after attending the National Seminar at CWRDM , Kozhikode . To our surprise Thiru Polly , the Manager was waiting for us with anxiety and concern . He asked us to first give order for our dinner as the cook would leave at 2100 and then go to our rooms for getting refreshed .

Though the room was compact , it was well furnished with all the modern gadgets and even it had a small balcony facing the sea . After having our sumptuous dinner we went to the beach which was just across the small road . The beach was calm . Why I said so ? Only because while coming to the Residency we took left turn at the dead end . The road leading to the right was jostling with people who were enjoying the beach , food , resorts etc . The security person was talkative . He asked my students to come very early in the morning to enjoy sea bath . He assured them he would be there .

My students enjoyed the bath at 0430 next day . I had a 4 km to and fro beach walk at 0600 . What I noticed was We were lording the beach . There was no disturbance of any kind from others , as there were no others .

Cherai Beach Residency has an unique and rare location such of which I never saw in my life . Simultaneously it is on Backwaters and the Sea . Backwaters are at back and the Sea is in front .

We wanted to leave at 0800 as we would have to go to Alleppy for our Houseboat cruise and the vehicle was supposed to be there at that time . But Thiru Polly insisted we should have our breakfast and then leave . He assured us that we would reach there in time .

Such were the concern shown by one and all .

This is the BEST place to stay at Cherai if you want to own the beach temporary and have friendly & warm hospitality

Room Tip: All rooms are on first floor and have compact balcony to sit and enjoy sea and beach .
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dilip S
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

We pledge to consistently improve upon our services and provide our guests a most comfortable stay. Your review is indeed valuable to us, as they boost our energy in our committed efforts to serve our guests better.

You were great to us and we are grateful to your support, and for sharing your valuable feedback. We value your opinion as the one really intended to help us.