“One of the best places to be in cherai”

Cherai Beach Residency
Ranked #1 of 25 Cherai Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

I had stayed here with my wife n kid from September 21-23/2017....really happy with the whole experience and so pleased with the hospitality of the hosts and the staff... Neat rooms n hygienic washrooms... Good food... Awesome beach view from the room with a small balcony.. Very friendly Hosts n staff who make u feel at home.. I can go on n on...such was the experience.. Would recommend to carry ur drinks.. They even arrange local sight seeing if u interested... The beach is away from the crowded Cherai n kuzhupilly.. It is situated in the middle of Cherai n kuzhupilly... Calm beach with good privacy... Has shacks to relax ...overall worth every penny u spend here.. Would definitely love to visit here again n again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for choosing Cherai Beach Residency for your stay and for sparing valuable time to share your experience with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance from us. We look forward for an enduring relationship with you.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Externally Cherai Beach Residency looks very smart and very attractive and clean. The plot is nice and cosy.
The staff and owner are always available/visible from morning to evening and do not hide away from the guests. If there are any problems I feel that they would go out of their way to try and rectify the issue.
Staff are very accommodating to any requests made by the guests and feel that they do try and make your stay as good as possible.
Cherai beach itself can be a bit of a spot for groups of boys/men who come in on coaches so can have a bit of a rough feel to it and can be quite dirty. However where the hotel is, is very quiet and has a nice quiet sandy beach with lovely views up and down the beach. The beach is only across a very small quite road so is very convenient where sun loungers are provided
What I would say is that the rooms are a little small and little things like old table cloths, lack of decoration in the rooms, old parasols on the beach and lack of any luxuries make my review 4 out of 5

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

We pledge to consistently improve upon our services and provide our guests a most comfortable stay. Your review is indeed valuable to us, as they help us in our committed efforts to serve our guests better. We will ensure that the tables cloths and the parasols in the beach which have become old due to the wear and tare of monsoon are replaced with new ones immediately.

You were great to us and we are grateful to your support, and for sharing with us your valuable suggestions and feedback. We value your opinion as the one really intended to help us.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I was recommended to stay here by Dr Hari from Prakruthi ayurveda and spa which is close by. I think that this is 1 of my best holiday destinations. I have always loved staying by the beach and this was perfect. The sound of the waves still resonate in my mind and the fresh sea breeze is such a relaxant.If you like long walks on the beach , swimming and simply chilling out, this is the place to be. Mr Poly and Jessy made sure that i had a pleasant stay. They are really caring and went the extra length to make sure i was comfortable. When i needed to go out shopping Mr Poly arranged for transportation , even concerned when i was ill 1 of the days.I would never have known that grated nutmeg in hot water is a cure for tummy problem if not for him. I would recommend any solo traveller to come here...it is a very safe place to be. I am a vegan and i had delicious meals prepared by Nidheesh, even learned to cook 2 dishes from him. Indian and western bfast comes with accomodation. Other meals can be ordered via menu. Food is always freshly cooked when order is placed.Chintu and Rajandra are the other 2 staffs there who were very helpful.I am very grateful for all of them for making my stay here enjoyable.The wifi connection is really good. I have recommended this place to everyone i know.Check out my pics , even though i am not the best of camera person, but with such lovely people and sceneries...even the worst photographs will look beautiful. I would definitely visit here again and do check out Prakruthi Ayurveda as well.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank jxleelak20
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

You were great to us and we are grateful to your support, and for sharing with us your valuable feedback. We value your opinion as the one really intended to help us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance from us.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

I simply love the room#206 that friendly helpful owners, Mr. Poly and Mrs. Jessy have managed to secure booked for me for 8days 7nights. I was there for my 7days Ayurveda Treatments (with Prakruthi Ayurveda Spa and Treatment Center) and Dr. Harikumar highly recommended this residency for me when I mentioned that I want "almost a piece of my own paradise heaven alike".

It's like having a simple heaven with the Arabian Sea view and waves that is solely mine. The mattress, four pillows, clean spacious room with cupboards facilty with a lockable drawer, a mini fridge, kettle with tea bags and instant coffee, private mini balcony, clean big mirror bathroom with WC and standing shower.

The amazing chef follows "religiously" my doctor's written menu for my well-being and always up to my enjoyment. Fresh pineapple juice without sugar and no ice cubes. Fresh banana given daily which helps with my bowel, ahahaa.. The workers there are friendly, respectful of my privacy and concern about well-being. I'm blessed enough.

I love walking on the sandy beach in the morning, trying to be friends with the dogs, crows, cows nearby; layback seated reading a book my doctor gave on the plastic chair at the balcony and I SAW DOLPHINS FLIPPING UP FROM THE WAVES!!

Room Tip: My room was 206 and I love it. So glad I paid for the best at great affortable fee
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank TurtleFan4
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Your review is indeed valuable to us, as they boosted our energy to serve our guests further better. Thank you so much.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Location was good, right on the seashore. Friendly people and warm hospitality. This is the BEST place to stay at Cherai. Rooms are small but comfortable with excellent sea view. They do have free Wifi with weak signal. Only down side is food cost, bit high.

Room Tip: Best Sea view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Poly K, Owner at Cherai Beach Residency, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017