“Fantastic Location and Wonderful Amenities!”

Review of Le Castel Enchante

Dining on our Terrace
Mimosa Budget Double
Orchid Budget Room
Our Breakfast Table
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
caroline...
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Location and Wonderful Amenities!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

My husband and our two children (8 + 11) and extended family had the most wonderful stay at Le Castel Enchante in Carcassonne. I don't normally write reviews but we had such a lovely time...............

First of all the amenities were fantastic. Everything you could want, especially for a stay at Christmas. Dishwasher, hob, stove, washing machine etc. Everything you need! My husband was happy with the flat screen, stereo with mp3 plug in. The dining table was huge and just right for a lovely family gathering. Even the logs were provided, for a roaring fire. It was magical.

Malcolm and Julie, the hosts, could not have been nicer. Just the right amount of attention but still a lot of privacy when we wanted it. They had fantastic suggestions of what to do in Carcassonne, including ice-skating and going on the toboggan run. They were attentive, really helpful and a lot of fun!

In short, I would recommend Le Castel Enchante as a really lovely place to stay. I feel like I need to see Carcassonne in the summer after experiencing the magic of a winter trip and will definitively go back to Le Castel Enchante.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
gez1311
blackpool
“Home from home so what are you waiting for?”
Reviewed 23 January 2012 for a stay in January 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 3 night stay as guests of Julie Smith at Le Castel Enchante, Fonties D'Aude, Carcassonne, France. This is not your average hotel or B&B, this is a real home which Julie freely shares with you. We have never stayed anywhere before where we felt so at ease that we could make ourselves a cuppa in the kitchen and stretch out on the sofa to relax. Julie is the ultimate host, nothing is too much trouble and yet she doesn't hang around and keep watch. She gave us advice on where to go, what to see and, as well as giving us lifts into town, was even kind enough to drive us to Narbonne and the SW coast some 45 minutes away. If you want to stay in a comfortable home in the peace and quiet of wine growing countryside then go stay Le Castel Enchante, you won't regret it!! We certainly didn't. Geraldine & John Singleton.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Home comforts.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
23 Jan 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review It was my pleasure. It has always been our intention to treat our guests as we would like to be treated, and it's always nice to receive such positive feedback. Hope to see you again some time.
Merstham

Reviewed 16 September 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$430
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing