Cortijo Salinas
US$43
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Hotel Enfrente Arte(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Casa Duende del Tajo(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
US$101
US$62
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Royal Hotel Ronda(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$37
Hotel San Gabriel(Ronda)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Bar/Lounge
US$230
Albergue los Molinos(Ronda)(Great Value!)
All reviewscountry hoteloutdoor poolspectacular viewsvisit rondaspainternetterraceisabelgrazalemasierraloungers
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel, especially as a start base for local hiking (but not in summer, far to hot). Location is really special, you've to drive 3 km up a hill in order to get there, but the view is marvellous, also from the pool.

We ordered a junior suite, but obtained a standard room (without knowing it). When checking out, I asked for it, since we had parking view and a rather small room. They said they 'missed'. They reimbursed me for 10€ a night. Somewhat dissapointing. I don't book junior suites do be reimbursed afterwards...

Room itself: airco very good, WiFi quite slow, good empty refrigerator where you can put your own drinks.

Restaurant is not very cosy, if you can eat outside, please do so. Limited number of tables outside. Food not bad, a bit expensive compared to other local bars and restaurants in Andalucia. 2€ extra if you want eggs for breakfast

I'd give the hotel something in between 3 and 4 due to the room mistake. Overall i'd give it a 4. We stayed for 2 nights

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely, quiet country setting. Large clean rooms, balcony overlooking Zahara reservoir makes for gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Pool is very nice as well. Dinner was ok but you can get better food for much less money in the towns nearby.

If you're staying here, I would highly recommend taking a circular drive to Zahara then Grazalema and then back to the hotel. It makes for about 4 - 5 hours with all the stops and lunch but the views you get are incredible.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016

The hotel has all the do with the scenic place near the Zahara lake. The views are superb. Our room view was astonishing, the terrace big and with a not forgettable view. The hotel is located in full country site, which means it is really very quite over there and in the middle of these precious mountain site ( Cadiz Sierra / Malaga Sierra ). I had some walks at night on the road passing by; never saw a car and such a quite and beautiful views with full moon. The cortijo itself is very picturesque with small chapel included.
The room is big and clean.
I think the Spa is just one of the recommendable services. Yes, it is through you have to book in advance and it is an extra. This is a country rural hotel, so not a full 4 stars city or beach hotel. The Spa can be used by 4 people without problem. All usual facilities are there. The sauna and relax area is outstanding. The relax area are ceramic warmed beds. All very modern and very nice designed !!! I had an outstanding time in the Spa. We also had a massage. The massage has to be booked and it was very good.
The restaurant should be enhanced, it is OK, but it should be made more comfortable, nicer, at least the windows. The views are astonishing.

The food is not 4 stars. It is simple and good. The breakfast a bit poor for this kind of hotel.
There is WiFi only in the common parts of the hotel and not that good.

Room Tip: Choose superior room with lake view ! These are located in new building
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Our room over-looked a lake and was close to the charming towns Zahara and Grazelema. The room was clean, spatious and very comfortable. The staff are pleasant and helpful. We had the grilled fish in the restaurant and it was tasty and reasonably priced. I recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fahara7
Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

The Hotel is located in a truly spectacular location. I have written a fair detailed review based on my experience here. Some of it is good ,some not so good
We brought some friends to this hotel and they were thrilled with the setting .the hotel has its own little church as well as a bullring, which appeared to be still in use. We were intrigued by this and will try to find out if it is used for training bullfighters.
There was no-one to greet us upon arrival , but no problem as we rang the bell in reception .
Vanessa showed us to our rooms. She also showed us the Spa area,but to use it you have to book in advance as everything has to be switched on. Fair enough I guess, but for me a Spa is a spontaneous thing and I dont want to decide hours in advance if I am going to use it. The charge per person us 18 euros. I asked if we could book a massage but we were told that it wouldnt be possible.
The huge log fireplace is a wonderful feature in the cosy reception room
I asked if they would be lighting the log fire but was told 'No'.
We were going to have lunch at the hotel, but the restaurant area was empty and uninviting . We decided to drive to Zahara village ,a 10 minute drive around the lake. What a find! Set on a mountain top, with views to the lake, we strolled around this pretty village . It was like turning the clock back with its cobbled streets ,olde worlde shops and a few rustic bars and restaurants. We opted for the one in the square. Im so pleased we did as the evening meal in the hotel was awful. When we arrived in the hotel dining room it was stark and totally uninviting. 2 bright wall lights without shades glared into our eyes. It was the worst lighting I have ever experienced. We decided to move into the dining area next door. The menu selection, looked inviting . My friends ordered the cod in a tomato sauce It had so much salt ,my friends couldn't eat it. My partner ordered the leg of lamb which was chewy and tasteless . I think it had been rushed . He couldnt eat his meal either The fries were cold and hard and had been prepared earlier. We asked for vegetables and were told there weren't any.
My lamb cutlets ,however, were delicious . Pity about the cold fries.
On a positive note when we asked the other member of staff if he could light the fire , he said he would have to ask as the chimney needed sweeping . He came back and said we could have a small fire , which really did make all the difference . It was heavy rain outside and we felt very cosy ,snuggled up and watching the roaring flames.
Summing up, the rural location is amazing,as are the views over the lake.
The furniture is tired . The log fire however is gorgeous.
This is not a 4 star hotel,it should describe itself as a country Inn or a bed & breakfast. Customers will then, not have such high expectations. We only saw 2 staff whilst we were there and the lady owner who couldn't be bothered to look up and greet us.
The bathroom was newly fitted with quality fittings with lovely fluffy white towels. The bedrooms were tastefully furnished . The beds had crisp white linen sheets. No spare loo roll ( my pet hate) Breakfast was simple but acceptable. Some of the cutlery was dirty . The price per room is very reasonable. I would recommend that if you stay here , you eat out. That way you will not be disappointed
. The hotel has so much potential but there is a lack of presence here. It appears that they are struggling which is sad . I think they could do with a visit from 'The Hotel Inspector' from the tv programme that helps hotels on the road to success.
It doesn't please me to write a review like this , but hopefully it gives readers an insight of what to expect and , if the hotel management read it ,some possible food for thought?
P.S If you stay here try and visit Ronda a 20 minute drive away. It is a truly historic town, with fabulous restaurants, a spectacular gorge, ancient buildings and the oldest bullring in Spain? You'll be glad you made the effort !

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends