“The best seafood restaurant in the world!”

Marisqueria Atlantica de Isla Verde
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2017

True, I have not been all over the world - only visited 4 continents so far. But in that part of the world I've visited and eaten in, this is my favorite seafood restaurant. Fresh fish of all types - at least 8 or 9 at any one dining moment - is served In a variety of imaginative ways, inspired by classical and modern Spanish cuisine. Try the halibut steaks. If monkfish or fresh cod is on the menu, go for it! Service is provided by a veteran staff that will remember you and cater to you without being obtrusive. The restaurant has a decent-size parking lot and offers valet parking. Some dishes I recommend: octopus salad, rice and squid in its own ink, and the afore-mentioned fish. Ask for Adolfo, the maître-d. Nice atmosphere; great bar.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

This place ha a unique menu in Puerto Rico, and it has lots of fresh sea food,I had the octopus and it was delicious, one of the best I have ever eaten, we had Halibut and a no sea food diner of Churrasco, the churrasco was of very good quality, and the service was excellent, no complaints at all, beautiful place, easy parking, good food, I still can't get over how good they made that octopus , my compliments to the chef.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

1. Atlantico

A friend of mine was having an event here, so I was lucky enough to try the food.

Location: The place is located in Isla Verde, about a 15 minute ride away from Condado. The only way of getting there would be to take a taxi or a Uber. There is a bus that runs from Condado, but you never know when the bus comes, so best to catch your own ride. It has enough parking in the lot.

The place: It was a one story house-like place with enough tables to sit up to 200 people. They had an inner room, where we had the event. It has a very Spanish ambience and if you are looking for Spanish food, this is the place. The staff there are predominantly over 40+ and it seems like they have been working there for a long time and they know what they are doing. I never spoke to the gents in English, but I'm sure they do. If you are looking for an intimate setting, this place will be a good place to go.

The food: I tried many different kinds of plates, since it was an event. I just got to Puerto Rico from Madrid and this place tastes BETTER than most places in Spain! I tried the following, and let me give you my reviews.

- plate of cheese, ham and lomo ---> this was ok. The cheese was manchego, which is the best cheese from Spain. While the ham and lomo were the lower quality meat than the usual ones that I like. I like 50% or 100% iberico, so it did not taste anything like that from Spain. Perhaps, we ordered the more economical ones. I did not check if they have 100% Iberico, but if you do go there, look for that one.

- croquettes --> Wow, they were all amazing. So much better than the ones you get in the bars in Spain. You cannot even compare that. They were nicely fried and the inside was just wonderful. I tried 3 different kinds, which were shrimp, bacalao fish, and jamon. I recommend getting those.

- ceviche --> They were also wonderful! I tried both the salmon and the white fish. I prefer the white fish one. Yummy!

- Gazpacho --> By far the best drink that I had there. I don't even like Gazpacho that much, but this one was perfect.

- Tortilla Espanola --> Low to Medium. The tortilla was too dry and not moist. I took a couple of pieces and passed.

- Shrimp with manchego cheese --> Another great combination of seafood and cheese.

- Yuka with Bacalao --> I would rate this top 1,2 with the Gazpacho. Just truly amazing. Even if you don't like fish, you are going to love this dish.

- Paella --> Valencia is known for this dish, but the dish here was a seafood paella, so don't expect any rabbit meat in there. Still great to finish.

Also, they have a full bar and lots of different kinds of wine from Spain. Make sure to try the Albarino white wine from the north or the Ribera del Duero Reserve or Rioja Reserve. You won't go wrong with those!

I definitely recommend this place!

pinchetravels.com to follow my blog.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Last December I had dinner at this restaurant. It was not my first time a this establishment. I ordered a seafood paella and was served some reheated rice with no seafood taste and to which at the last minute they added some seafood. They must have taken me for a fool who had never eaten a paella. I must certainly will return to Puerto Rico (I was born and raised there) but I would never go there or recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I went with family we order seafood paella. Excellent price, portion and price. I recommend this place. Excellent customer service.