“Our favorite place in PR”

La Playita Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 44 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

What a delight this place was! It is located in a cute little hotel and is open air with waterfront seating. The Coco Loco drink is a must. We had the lobster risotto and seafood mofongo- both very good. The best part was our server Corey. He was so sweet and funny. He gave us a list of things to do in PR which was so helpful. He was just great. This restaurant was our favorite for our first time here.

1  Thank Liz J

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I have seen a lot of negative reviews on here for this establishment and I was hesitant to try this restaurant but after going I'm glad I did. When I arrived the staff was friendly. The menu isn't huge but there is definitely something for everyone. Wraps, burgers, seafood, and much much more. The drinks were amazing I got the Coco loco which is 5 rums in one you get a coconut filled with rum and a large glass on the side. The service wasn't bad either the staff was fairly fast at bringing drinks and food in all we spent an hour. The food was delicious as well I was missing home so I decided to get a burger. The Philly burger was great cooked to perfection and the portion size was good as well. It was not super expensive for two meals and for drinks around 70 dollars. That's normal around here. The view is great and the atmosphere with traditional Puerto Rican music is nice. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank pick8920
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Couldn't get any closer to the water! Food was good... delicious crab cakes, lo mein with ahi tuna was big with 2 teens. Burger was ok apparently. We had seafood mafungo too which I wouldn't order again but glad I tried it. We ordered fish tacos which didn't show up... our server couldn't have been nicer about it and overall we had a great night here. Would definitely try to get back. Very cute eclectic place.

1  Thank magicmully
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've been to this place many times, but I wasn't surprised when my gf asked me to take her there for our anniversary. Although the menu is quite simple, we had a beautiful, romantic evening under the stars. Some place!!!

1  Thank Cesar M
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

If you want surprise you couple, this is one of the place that you must have visit. Excellent ocean view, excellent food, nice customer service.

1  Thank Rosado Carrión N