3,276 results
All reviewsbltil mulinothe ritz carltonclub leveltennis courtsmares restaurantsan juanlobby loungeturn down servicecity viewclose to the airportpool stafflong weekendluxury hotelpool viewfood and drinksbeautiful property
Reviewed 18 September 2015

I stayed 3 nights here. I've stayed at other Ritz Carlton hotels in the past. This one isn't quite up to par with the others I've stayed in.

Don't get me wrong...its nice and the staff genuinely seem to be interested in doing a great job but heres the thing. This place is way out there. Right by the airport and the cockfighting arena (seriously...look it up). Theres nothing to walk to really. The beach isn't nicer than the beach anywhere else in the San Juan area. You're kinda stuck here if you stay here. Take a taxi you say? Well sure. But they are expensive and kind of sketchy. A lot of those old vans fel like they are ready to fall apart. Especially when the drivers are weaving in and out of traffic going way above the speed limit as they are apt to do. Thats my experience anyway. I'd rather take as few taxi rides as possible in San Juan.

Which brings me to my point...why the hell not stay somewhere closer to the action? Condado has great hotels with beaches that are every bit as good. Even the El San Juan is nicer and not as far out. Better yet...stay at the El Convento in Old San Juan and walk to everything. The Ritz is too far out in sketchy land and isn't nice enough to justify the decision to be stuck out there.

Stayed: September 2015
3  Thank coztraveler33
Jackie V, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Dear “Coztraveler33”,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand. I am sorry to read that you did not truly enjoy your stay and felt that the hotel is too far away from Old San Juan and the Condado Area. Thank you for your comments about the taxis, which I will address with the Taxi organization.
Many of our guests love to be away from all the action, enjoy your pool and beach.
My apologies for not providing you the experience in San Juan you came to expect.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

I've always been a Marriott person, but staying at this Ritz Carlton really impressed me. The property is a little older but it is well maintained by the staff. The food was excellent and breakfast was the best of all to me. Who can not like a fluffy omelette made to order just the way you like it? The pool and beach area were clean, uncluttered and relaxing. The beach side bar was the hangout spot that was giving out strong tasty drinks. The rooms were comfortable and was somewhere you didn't mind spending the afternoon if it rained. Not once did I have an issue with the great staff or property.

Room Tip: The breakfast is awesome.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric J
RCSJU, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2015

Dear “Eric J”,

I appreciate your wonderful review and I am happy you enjoyed a wonderful vacation with us. Thank you for sharing your positive comments about the food and drinks throughout the resort. I am happy you found our hotel a great place with a beautiful beach and friendly staff. It may be time for you to return to our Enchanted Island. We look forward to welcome you back.

M. Peña
Communications Manager

Reviewed 18 September 2015

We picked this ritz, when we went to Pueto Rico because of the service we have received in the past from ritz is over the top. But this was far from it. The crew was good. But the rooms were not nice and needed updating. The tile in the bathrooms had a lot of black mold. And the prices were redicolously high. For two entries and two kids dishes it cost us $200.00 . And the food tasted awful. When we told them, they sent us another fish dish, and that was no difference. For 3 boxes of cereal it is $60.00. Prices are soo high and the quality of the food, the rooms and the overall service is not up to par. We were soo disappointed due to the fact that we were expecting the ususL ritz service and quality. I felt like this hotel was just focused on raking in the money before they close down. Maybe I am wrong.
The casino people were rude and very eyeing. Makes u uncomfortable. The slot machines does not have coins drop. It is all digital, and I like the sound of coins drop. The casino was not a good experience. All the way around.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Natashashallom
Jackie V, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2015

Dear “Natashashallom”,

I am very sorry to read that we have disappointed you in this visit. You have been very loyal to us and I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. Thank you for the feedback regarding the pricing and the food in our outlets. Customer comments are very important and I have shared with my Food and Beverage / Culinary team.

I appreciate the information regarding your Casino experience. The coin drop has long been gone; most casinos work on all digital nowadays. I shared your observations with our casino team.
I hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel/casino staff were the exact opposite of the hospitality I received at BLT. The restaurant had great decor and wonderful food. Alone this would be enjoyable.

However, I ended my stay due to the poor service and unimpressive remodeling of the pool. The La Concha resort was a far better experience.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jason W
Jackie V, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Dear Jason W,

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay at our resort and ended up leaving to La Concha. Thank you for your positive comments about BLT. We are continuously improving our facility and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Excellent service. Keep in mind all of Puerto Rico is family oriented, I suppose this might be a detractor for some. The tone of the workers is fun not snobby. The resort is s long cab ride to downtown, so it is probably easier to just stay on the property and eat. There are a few high end resorts way outside of San Juan, but in the San Juan area the Ritz is absolutely the best

Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank looking_for_a_view

Dear “looking_for_a_view”,

Thank you for choosing our resort for your Honeymoon. I appreciate you highlighting the facility as the “best in San Juan”. I will share your wonderful comment with all our Ladies & Gentlemen, who will be happy to know that their work is being recognized. We look forward to welcome you back to a relaxing trip to the Caribbean.

M. Peña