Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
US$96
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Verdanza Hotel(Isla Verde)
2,642 results
All reviewsoutback steakhousehappy hourmade to order breakfastevening receptionsan juanchips and salsafree drinksliving roomclose to the airportmanagers receptiontwo blockscomplimentary breakfastrum punchshort walk to the beachcocktail hourpre cruise stayel patio
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2015

Check in was terrific. It was fast, efficient and the desk clerk was able to answer all of my questions regarding hotel and local restaurants. The Hotel was Clean, friendly, well priced with a great pool area and casino. Breakfast is always a great touch but the wait was a little long.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Steven S
embassysuitessanjuan, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2015

Dear Steven S:

Thank you for the positive comments, I will share them with our Front Desk team!

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Vacationed in Puerto Rico for Memorial Day weekend and the host hotel was a Embassy Suits. I arrived by taxi which was like 12 bucks when it should have been like 7. The airport is super close to the hotel but not too close as I didn't hear any airplane noise the entire time I was there. Once arrived to hotel, checkin was simple and easy. The staff took real good care of myself and everyone else. Went up the room 341 and didn't like the smell much was scent of wet carpet like. All the rooms didn't smell of this as visited some friends room and smelled much better. I didn't notify front desk as I didn't wanna deal with something non urgent at the time. The suit was double bed with sofa sleeper that was actually quite comfortable. The water pressure pretty much low in all the rooms lavatories. The shower pressure is perfect. The hotel DOES NOT have direct beach access but a quick 5min walk or so. We walked to parasail and was quite pleasant. They do offer complimentary drinks 5:30-7:30 but it's mainly two kinds and wine and very sweet cocktails of two choices. The breakfast lines can be very long depending on the volume of guest in the hotel. Most times to all they only had one cook preparing "made to order" food. Although I must say the guy was very fast with cooking. The pool area is really nice and very IDEAL for families. They have a kids pool and play area that I loved if I was to come with my daughters. The kids pool was a circle shape 1ft 6in deep loved it. They also have an arcade room equipped with about 10 machines or so. We tried the Outback Steakhouse which is located inside the hotel. It was decent and reasonable. They do have a casino inside the hotel which was fun for me although I didn't experience a big win. Taxi cabs are available all day and night not a long wait for them at all. I tried room service on two occasions and NEVER was able to get it. The phone simply just rang so I had to walked down to the el patio which is also an eatery inside the hotel. Thought the food was great. Checking out was simple too. Don't be surprise to see extra charge of 9.00 bucks for maids and 9.00 for bellman. That's new to me but I wasn't upset about it but think they should let guest know about it as oppose to placing it on the bill when checking out. All in all was a good stay. I don't think I would stay here if I was to visit PR again as I would prefer beach access and little more upscale stay.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank AKA77056

Dear AKA77056:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us.

While I am delighted that you are satisfied with the service you received from our Team Members when you arrived, I am sorry that you are disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience you had with the Room Service. I shared your comments with our Food & Beverage Director.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope you consider staying with us next time you are in town.

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for two days. Was a great stay. Had an issue at check in (they offer early check in) but that was rectified pretty quickly. Hotel is abt two blocks from the beach. Taxis are always available (they charge per person, not by miles). This hotel won my heart due to the free breakfast & happy hour! & the pool area is beautiful (the hot tub is no joke). Close to fast food restaurants & Walgreens. This is more of a commercial area than a beach destination but it's fairly close to everything, especially the airport. Outback Steakhouse is in the hotel as well as a coin laundry. Make sure you eat at Metropol!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank C W

Hello C W:

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and evening reception. Guest satisfaction is very important to us.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next stay!

Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

I was torn where to stay thus never being on the island. I went ahead and booked this place even with the negative reviews. Well we had a great time. Nice room, staff was very friendly and lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The beach access was nice and the pool was great. We will definitely stay again! Best bang for your buck!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Corinne G

Hello Corinne G:

We are glad you decided to stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us. We are very proud of our hotel and Team Members!

We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2015

I read several of the recent reviews before going, taking into consideration that some people can have higher expectations and could possibly offend easily if things aren't 'perfect'. If you don't have very high expectations of this hotel, you will have a wonderful time. We arrived early and was told we'd receive a phone call, which we didn't. I felt I could have spent the hours we waited by the pool elsewhere (like maybe the beach or taxi trip to Old San Juan) if our room wouldn't be ready for quite some time. Entered the room and could tell they didn't vacuum, there were a few pieces of hair on the bathroom counter and no washcloth. The layout of the room was great, especially when my husband would wake early, he would go to the other room and close the bedroom door for me to sleep undisturbed. The breakfast was very nice, and happy hour was wonderful. Some people complained of the coqui frog sounds in the atrium; I loved it and miss hearing them. While I think it was minimally overpriced, the happy hour and breakfast did help compensate. I went into the little 'store' where they sell some souvenirs, food and drinks, bought two regular bottles of water and two larger bottles of water. SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY!!!!!! Take the very easy walk to WalGreens and buy a gallon of water for $1 and put it in your room fridge, versus the over $12 I paid for about the same amount of water from the hotel.

Room Tip: We do the Hilton Honors points and were on the sixth (of eight) floor.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaisyDivaDixie

Dear DaisyDivaDixie:

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to our property. I apologize for the inconvenience you had when you arrived. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back soon!