San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
ESJ Azul(Isla Verde)
  • Pool
Coral by the Sea(Isla Verde)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
    1,430 results
    All reviewsrooftop barblue lightingboutique hotelzest restaurantpopcorn soupsan juandead end streetsmall poolcloset spacechairs and umbrellasocean frontsmall hotelan umbrellagreat drinkspartial ocean viewfood and drinkstrip to puerto rico
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 11 February 2018

We have stayed here 3 years in a row and have never been unsatisfied. The service from the minute you walk in until you leave is top notch. Vanessa at the front desk is absolutely amazing. We stay in the ocean front room and love waking up to see the ocean outside. Our first morning we were woken up my noise in the room next to us and when we went to the front desk before we went to breakfast Jaclyn not only told us she would change our room but also offered to have someone move our stuff as well (we moved it ourselves but she did offer). By the time we finished breakfast she had a new room for us. Our favorite thing about this hotel is that you step out the front door and the beach is right there. Rolando that works on the beach is very friendly and by the end of our trip would have our chairs and umbrella waiting for us when we arrived in the morning. Overall we have never come across an employee that wasn't friendly. Any issue we had or any accommodations we needed were taken care of very quickly. We actually tried to book for next year before we left but you can only book 6 months in advance. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Floor 7 ocean view room seems to be my favorite so far.
    • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Amy P
    John Paul B, E-Commerce Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Dear Amy,

We are glad you loved your stay here! I will be sure to pass your words along to Vanessa, Jaclyn, and Rolando. We look forward to having you come back for many years to come!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

I spent a day (Thursday) and two nights on this hotel. I was in San Juan on business.

I found the place poorly maintained and decadent. It probably had better days... and I am not talking about the effects of the devastating hurricanes suffered by Puerto Rico.

The room lacked essentials like a night-table next to the bed, some of the lamps were unplugged (speaking of plugs, there were not in the "desk" poorly placed in front of the bathroom door)... and since we mentioned the bathroom, the basin's pipping was probably clogged since water took for ever to flow away.

The floor of the room was ceramic or tile (a great idea for the hot and humid weather), but you could feel with your bare feet sand or dust unclean for who knows how long. And let's not talk about the TV, placed on top of a closet.

Unfortunately, the sheets were a bit sticky (could that be the humidity... maybe...) but I can tell you the the smell of the pillows was not, and it was not pleasant. The magnificent beach-view was somewhat degraded by a window that had not been cleaned on the outside, and I eventually turned off the AC. It was too loud.

I thought long long and hard before writing this. I know San Juan is still recovering from Irma & Maria... and all that. I know many hotels are still closed, some traffic lights are still out... etc.

But if you are going to charge me $250+ a night (and in advance) I was expecting at least spotless clean. I suggest management invest the high price they are charging in delivering quality.

On the positive side, I found all the staff I interacted with, from the front-desk, to the restaurant, very friendly. They also deserve this hotel is better managed.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the beach have a gorgeous view... if they clean the windows that would be even better!
    • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
    1  Thank Alfonso V

Dear Alfonso,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Please feel free to reach out to me at jbinotto@waterbeachhotel.com to discuss this further.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Nice little boutique hotel at a dead end street right on the beach. Location is good. Lots of stores around cvs walgreen fast food. Room is a little small that comes with a boutique hotel. I was looking forward to that blue light vibe that they are going for but my room was all set up with bright white fluorescent lights. Blinding bright could not turn them on. But the hallways were very blue. Room is very minimalist a bed, a small work desk and 1 chair. Nice idea to have work desk as bed headboard but the is no outlet to plug in anything around it. Actually the is ONE outlet that is accessible in the room and it’s right under 2 small shelves. They is a coffee machine and Iron board in the closet/coffee station. But again no outlet to plug in coffee machine or iron. The hotel did not have ice machine you need to go to restaurant to get ice. After getting in the shower you realize that the soap shampoo ect. is by the sink and not in the shower. The rooftop as a great view. Pool only have 6 chairs. So you can imagine that by early morning they is already shoes, magazines, bag that are left there to reserved the chairs while the person when back to sleep for a couple hours. Pool is very cold. I dont think it’s a bad hotel. I think they is room for basic improvement. Staff is real nice.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking some time out of your day to leave us a review. We appreciate you brining these points to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced. I have passed these concerns along to the staff here and it is something that will be addressed. Again, that you for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Think Miami Beach Art Deco hotels from the 50's!! Amazing!! Fantastic beachfront boutique hotel that just perfect!! Great staff!! Great rooms!! Small enough to enjoy the quiet, yes close to everything!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
    John Paul B, E-Commerce Manager at San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear TravellingMann(love the name),

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you loved your stay. We continually change our artwork to keep the vibes fresh so be sure to come back and see what we have next time!

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel with the intention of being near the beach away from tension and stress after my wedding. The first thing I didnt like thou was that we booked for a ocean view room and we got it but it didnt have a closet to hang clothes, the balcony had a leak from the air conditioner above, the space was very small for what we paid for, so we asked for an upgrade and the next day was paradise. This room was on the last floor amazing views from the bed , had a separate area for a closet/ living room with a balcony. Overall the hotel's decor was amazing for a beach hotel but the blue light was kind of annoying.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that we could help make your honeymoon everything you wanted it to be and hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon! Many years of happiness from everyone here at the Water Club...