2,963 results
All reviews sirena restaurant swim up bar old san juan close to the airport outdoor restaurant bug spray ocean front partial ocean view pool area salsa dancing breakfast buffet hear planes isla verde beach resort fee chairs and umbrellas small casino palm trees
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My first Post Maria trip to visit the island and check in on a family. I usually do air b and b but this time decided to invest in hotel’s economic recovery. I had made 3 redundant bookings in isla verde close to my grandmother’s house and this is the only hotel that was able to accommodate me as the other two were not yet able to open. This one is fairly new in comparison to most other iconic hotels in isla verde. This one really was built well to withstand the hurricane. The management of this hotel is notable in the fact that the resort I visited was beautiful and showed that they had done a good job of cleaning up post Maria. There are still things they are working on, but it was a very pleasant stay. The phone lines didn’t work all the time. But it was to be expected. So a couple times that we wanted room service we had to ride down to reception to order. The internet worked mostly well. There were about 3 out of 7 days that the internet did not work. Overall the room was beautiful and clean with great amenities such as fridge and microwave and balcony with partial ocean view. Housekeeping could improve. We had two dirty wine glasses that were not removed for two days. Another improvement/recommendation would be for the gym: remove the TV’s from at least one of each of the types of cardio equipment facing the panoramic windows that have ocean view. Some of us just want to run, cycle, elliptical while facing the beautiful ocean. Not looking at a TV that wasn’t even working while I was there. All in all, I would recommend this hotel for others whether it is a business, family or romantic trip! The breakfast buffet is comprehensive. The room service meals were delicious. The chicken soup was my favorite and my grandmother loved it too. The tapas style dishes served in Sirena restaurant at night were also top notch. My meal of coupled appetizers (hummus dip at tuna avocado tartar) for lunch at Sirena at my ocean view table was also top notch, beautifully plated. The hotel is still within walking distance of great bars and restaurants in isla verde and not a far taxi drive to Old San Juan and or Condado where there are more great restaurants and bars. The staff is very friendly and all are doing a superb job.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ciararivera
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located near the airport; however, the rooms have double sliding doors to ensure the airport noise is unheard. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel has a gym and a pool and sits right on the beach. It is not far from Old San Juan, which is driving distance away. There are restaurants in the hotel and others within walking distance.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lisanne10n
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

I’ll never stay at a Marriott again if I can avoid it and I have over 300,000 accumulated points with them but my experience at the San Juan Courtyard Marriott with their horrible and corrupt management has left an everlasting hate for this chain. I even called their corporate office regarding the flees )I have pictures) and they said they had a 3rd party expert certify that there were none!

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank anastasias379
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

I am truly sorry to read that you feel this way about your stay and our management team. Indeed as you mentioned in your review as soon as you informed us about your concerns, we contacted a well-known 3rd party company, Terminix, and requested a thorough inspection of your room. Although you did not mention the results of the inspection, I am very pleased to share that NO fleas were found.

As in any part of the Caribbean, there is a possibility of being bitten by insects during your stay. Insects like the sand bite (Family Ceratopogonidae), which are prevalent in the Caribbean commonly known as no-see-ums, gnats, sand fleas, punkies, sand fly or biting midges. Sand bite activity is common at beaches, especially upon sunset or sunrise. These tiny biting insects are barely visible to the naked eye, however their bites can be very disturbing. A bite of a sand bite is actually a sting. The effects can be felt several hours of being bitten, but are not harmful to human health nor are they contagious. A small reddish or whitish welt, about the size of a freckle is a sure sign you have been bitten.

Thank you for your immediate feedback, as you were not only worried about yourself, but you were concerned about the possible effects to others as well. May I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

We encourage our future guests to contact us directly at 1-800-791-2553 or by e-mail at reservations@sjcourtyard.com should they have any questions or need any special assistance from our hotel.

@ Your Service,

José C. Padín
jpadin@sjcourtyard.com
Mobile: 787-388-3043

Reviewed 30 January 2018

After staying at Marriott properties all across the US, we decided on this property while visiting San Juan. We were very happy with our room (view of the water), the property, the restaurants, the bars, beach access, towels for beach/pool, beach seating, proximity to airport, parking, valet, etc. We used the vouchers we were given for the casinos...lost a *tiny* bit of money and left. ha :) Mentioning casino - but we were not there for that. One NEAT thing you don't need to miss is this: At night, walk around the property and make sure you get an audio of the Puerto Rican native coqui frogs making their sweet sound! (of course, you can hear this other places on the island, too!) Easy drive to Old San Juan, Fajardo (for the Bio Bay)...we drove many places but made Isla Verde/Carolina our "base".

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank susie30q
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Our third stay here. It was three nights Jan 20-23 after a Celebrity Summit cruise and like our previous visits, the service and the staff are all excellent. The pools and outdoor areas are very well maintained although this time the hurricane damage to the palms was still apparent and there seemed to be more FEMA people than tourists like ourselves. I do have one comment to make about the Beach Patrol. Three and sometimes four obnoxious bullies on ATV's came up the beach several times a day and would stop at the front of the hotel, walk in like they owned the place and go to the front of the line at the Banana Juice Bar in the lobby and get anything they wanted without paying. And they pushed in front of paying guests and treated the women serving in a bullying and rude manner.
I asked why these bullies and goons were allowed in and was told the Beach Patrol were "government" and nothing could be done.
In my opinion this is a form of official corruption and the blame falls on the hotels's General Manager Mr. Jose Padin. Marriott should fire him immediately for allowing this sort of abuse of his staff and for his cowardly inability to ban these corrupt people from the premises.
This observation does not include the regular street police who I believe are helpful and not corrupt like the Beach Patrol thugs.

Room tip: 4th floor seemed to have best elevator response time
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fred B
Padin, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

First thank you for once again choosing our resort, for taking the time to post your review and for your wonderful comments about our staff. I am really pleased to read that the service and staff were excellent and more important that we met your expectations.

I really wish that you would have given me the opportunity to personally discuss your concerns about the beach police but trust me when I say that this is clearly a big misunderstanding. As part of our local community engagement, we do our utmost to participate in special community programs and also provide the necessary support to governmental agencies. Allow me to elaborate, in this particular scenario that you witnessed, we have a special meal program that applies to a certain amount of local police officers that work in the Isla Verde area. Although I am not going to explain in detail how the system works, I do want to mention that in order to get his/her meal, each officer must present a signed coupon, thus no other form payment is necessary. A simple program like this one, not only provides the necessary energy for our hard working officers but also promotes a special camaraderie between our staff and officers that is truly commendable.

Perhaps in this particular occasion the officer did not follow the proper procedure but rest assured that our company, including me, will never tolerate nor accept the kind of behavior you described. Each team member of this hotel knows that I will not hesitate to take the necessary actions to protect them. Everyone in our hotel knows that my name is synonymous of INTEGRITY, the word corruption is simply not part of my dictionary. Next time you visit us, let’s have some cocktails, I am confident that before our conversation is over, you will have a different perception.

@ Your Service,