“Amazing Snapper!!!! Wow is all I can say!”
Review of Zest Grill Room

Zest Grill Room
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Isla Verde
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2017

My mother and I had dinner at Zest by accident. We had planned to head to Old San Juan for dinner, but were just to tired, or lazy, to make the journey from Isla Verde - so we looked for a restaurant within walking distance from our hotel. Zest had good reviews on yelp, so we decided to try it. I am so glad we did. We had the best red snapper that I have had in what seems like forever. I would have given the restaurant a five, but the service was not perfection - but the food was. We almost went back the next night, but decided to try somewhere else and we were disappointed. When we made it back home my husband asked our top three things we did in PR and my mother put the meal at Zest in the top three - and that is saying something coming from my mother. Thanks for the great meal! We are still talking about it.

vickie i, F&B Director at Zest Grill Room, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thank you for your review!

We are delighted to know that you had such a wonderful experience with our food menu, we will get back to our staff and share your comments on the service side.

Our goal is to have 100% guest satisfaction !

Hope to meet you on your next trip to San Juan.

Vickie

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I was very excited for this dining experience, and it really did nothing but disappoint. The lack of depth on the menu could have been an indicator of what was to come. Very few choices, and bad ones at that. We were on time for our reservation, and were put off by a comment about being too punctual. The service was ok, and the food was so-so. So, if you're looking for an upscale restaurant, I would advise trying someplace else.

1  Thank lclarkel

Thank You for your review!

At Zest we strive to offer only the best quality of Food, beverage and service to our guest, we are sorry to know your experience with us did not meet expectations.
I assure this is not what we as a restaurant are known for.

We will take this back to our team as we believe there is always space to improve.

Drop-By
Vickie

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

We are staying at the San Juan Water and Beach club so we figured going to Zest in the morning before the beach would be the easiest way to eat breakfast. The service is extremely slow. The 1st day we went it wasn't to bad however the next 2 times were anything but easy. It took almost 10 mins before anyone acknowledged we were there and then once they came to take our order another almost 20 mins to get our food (which was hot cereal, nothing fancy). The one day we had no silverware, which we told the bus boy and he never brought us I had to get it from another table and the second day they brought my husband coffee with no milk and it took an additional 5 mins to get the milk when we asked for her to bring it out. Overall we were not happy with our experience here.

nelson m, F&B Director at Zest Grill Room, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Thank you very much for your candid review of your experience at Zest.
I greatly appreciate your comments about our quality of food and service, It is my pleasure to announce that we have evaluated all aspects and corrected them to ensure we deliver great service in a consistent basis.

We really hope you would consider giving us another try in your next visit to P.R, I can assure you a totally different experience.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

The menu had changed from last year and missing was the Popcorn soup and Sea Bass. Two of my favorites. However, the Popcorn soup is coming back and 2 other new entrees were tried:
1. Half-chicken rolled-up, pan seared and topped with a hazelnut gremolata. Excellent. The gremolata complements the seasoned chicken in an unexpected, positive way.
2. Beef short rib fricasè. Also excellent.

Food presentation is artful adding to the boutique ambiance of the San Juan Water & Beach Club.

Breakfast at Zest is equally as good.

Tip of my hat to Jacqueline, Shalom, Valerie M and my favorite, and award winning bartender, Ivan!

Note: Bandwidth didn't allow photos to be uploaded and will be at a later time.

1  Thank Victor B

Thank you for your review! We strive for culinary excellence.

Yes, the Pop Corn Soup will be back as soon as next week!!!
I will extend your comments to our staff and hope to have you back soon.

Drop by,

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We had breakfast at the Zest Restaurant prior to departing and it was wonderful. Nice to sit and view the ocean while dining.

1  Thank GuruGraf

Thank you for your review!

We hope to see you again for another great experience.

Drop by,