Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Official Site
RM 705
Rochelle Hannah
Doha, Qatar
Best view, Best Accomodation, Best food in Sabang...
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Sept 2014
best place to stay and dine in Sabang... better than the 5 star hotel-resort near Daluyon.. the food is absolutely the best food i tasted in palawan, better than the well known seafood resto in the city. the staffs are really accommodating and very hospitable, didn't mind if we damp their neat restaurant coz we had our family swim first on the beach before eating in their resto. a 5 star for this hotel... will definitely recommend staying and dining here to my friends and family. a good 2 nights stay is ample enough to experience the beach life and tours in Sabang..
Date of stay: September 2014
Room Tip: do not leave sabang unless you try their Pawikan restaurant and order their "catch of the...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    Bar/Lounge
    43.0 km from Daluyon Beach and Mountain Resort
    View more hotels in Sabang
    1,059 results
    All reviews underground river beach front mangrove tour private pool sound of the waves puerto princesa pool bar zip lining the cottages stayed longer private van deluxe room boat ride philippines shutters sheridan tours
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 13 September 2014

We just returned from a three night stay at Daluyon (Sept. 9-11). We loved it! We stayed in the Superior room for 5,387 php per night...but I think we got it at a little better rate through Agoda.

Anyway, I'm going to get my only slightly negative thing to say out of the way...and I'm not sure if this was the oversight of Daluyon, or Agoda. Somewhere during the reservation process, I requested an upper level room. I booked well in advance, but was disappointed to get a lower room when we checked in. To the credit of the resort, they checked to see if they could get me in an upper room right away, and when they couldn't, they called my room the next day as soon as the could move us upstairs.

The room was wonderful! Clean and had everything we'd need including a well stocked mini bar refrigerator which I promptly put a dent in the San Mig Pilsen stock! We were very comfortable in the room and found ourselves wanting nothing. We slept great that night...but just didn't have the wonderful view from the balcony that we were hoping for.

The next day, we were moved upstairs as requested as soon as the room was ready for us. This room was a mirror image of the downstairs, but with a balcony instead of a patio. The view from this room is excellent...we spent plenty of time just hanging out here sipping on the San Mig. Turned out that room was little noisier and I didn't sleep as well...I must stay that I am a VERY light sleeper when it comes to noise though. The noise wasn't from the beach or the bar or anything like that...just a squawky bird and some talkative frogs!

The restaurant was good. I loved the authentic Filipino food section, while my wife loved the western options. Quality of food was good. The Ceviche was INCREDIBLE!! The rest of the food was good, but nothing that really stood out. Nothing was any less than really good!

We, being typical Americans, spent plenty of time at the Coco Beach Bar! There, we got to know Romeo the bartender and he did such a good job that he was the high point of the trip for us. I do hope that the management reads this and knows how great of a job Romeo did! We mentioned we like to learn the local pleasantries in the local language (please, thank you, hello, good morning, etc.) but didn't have time to do so on this trip...so Romeo promptly sat down and started scribbling us out a quick Filipino language guide that we had fun practicing for the three days we were there. Beyond that, Romeo offered to walk down to the waterfalls to the south with us during one of his breaks...I blew out my flip flop on a rock and (despite my best attempt to object!) he gave me his flip flops and walked the rest of the way to the falls, and back, barefoot.

The beach was great...very nice sand for swimming, and lounging...very clean with plenty of seating. There were fun water toys to rent...I tried "surfing" for the first time on a stand up paddle board and a 3 foot wave!

Underground tour was awesome, and the little market at the docks was a lot of fun! And the waterfall...SO awesome!

Some options for getting to the Daluyon that I found are as follows:
    1) Have Daluyon arrange for you 3,000php (per couple or solo)
    2) Lexus shuttle 200-300php per person, each way
    3) Jeepney or bus. I watched these things driving on the road...not something that looked like fun for a 2+hour ride!

A couple notes about cost for your budgeting (all in php): Beers at the bar were around 110 per bottle, mixed drinks are anywhere from 150 to 350...or you can buy a bottle of wine and have a glass of Johnny Walker Blue label in one night...that'll cost you a little more! Anyway, the restaurant food is anywhere from about 250-480 per dish. safe to assume an average of about 300 per plate ordered. I found these prices to be quite reasonable for what you're getting. The staff and accommodations are great...and while you might sometimes need something track someone down for service at the bar or the little convenience store, they come running as soon as they know you need them...you just have to let them know!

All in all...I'd HIGHLY recommend this place!

Room tip: If you're a very light sleeper like me (VERY light sleeper!) you may be best in a ground floor room away from the beach bar. We started on the ground floor and I slept great...very quiet. Second two nights, we moved upstairs thinking we'd avoid any sound of people moving around above us (which we never heard the first night). Turned out, nature is very loud on the second level! Birds outside the window, talkative frogs and the sound of the waves (which was very relaxing!) sound like they're right in your room. A lot of people, like my wife, will love this...but I'm a very very light sleeper so while I loved hearing the waves, the birds and frogs did keep me awake. This is not a complaint of the resort, just an obstacle for us light sleepers to overcome!
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank JoeMariya
    Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

Writing this review sitting on the beach at Daluyon on my 3rd day of 5 stay. The beach is one if the best. The rooms spectacular and very clean. The staff are beyond helpful and genuinely nice the food is excellent. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing. Nightlife activities are available along the beach close to Daluyon. Overall it's a great vacation spot.

Reviewed 7 September 2014 via mobile

Perfect /awesome place to stay. Staff are friendly . Everything is PERFECT👍. Close to underground river. Just 2 hrs from the airport. Thank you so much guys for sure we will comeback.🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Date of stay: September 2014
    Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 September 2014

We stayed her last June, 2014 for our big family trip. Our group consists of 3 families and we were traveling with 2 elders. The resort provided us with rooms that are close to each other. It would have been ideal to have 2 sets of up and down rooms but that could not be reserved for us.
    Reservations were a bit strange since they have to assign rooms as soon as you make your reservation, not upon arrival. And, this has some trade-offs. In our case, it worked negatively since they could not give us the rooms we wanted.

The rooms are very clean. We stayed in the standard room and it has big space, as well as the bathroom. We liked the whole setup especially having the ocean front view. Very nice to just sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the view.

The free breakfast that came with the room is outstanding. There is a great variety of hot Filipino food and everything is delicious. There are also fruits for dessert. You will be very happy with the hot breakfast.

There are not a lot of restaurants outside of the hotel and without a car, it will be hard to explore. So, we were pretty much stuck to eating at the resort's restaurant. And, this was not bad. Although, it is on the pricey side, it is less expensive than the other nearby resorts.
    The chef in this resort is really good. One evening, we celebrated my Mom's birthday and we thought of having her blow a candle on a cake. We asked the waiter if we can get a cake for her. The waiter said they can bring one out on the house. We were, of course, very happy with his offer. We waited a few minutes and the waiter came out to ask for my Mom's name and we gave it to him. We waited again and wondered if they are still giving the cake. But, after a few minutes, a big group of the waiters and waitresses came out dressed up very nicely with Filipino styled clothes and one of them was strumming the guitar while everyone sang Happy Birthday for my mom and brought her the cake with the lighted candle! It was such a heartwarming experience. This resort really has outstanding hospitality.

Service in this resort is exquisite. The location is very close to the port where you can take the boat to the underground river. We just walked to the port and got our boat ride. It is very convenient.

Everyone in our family enjoyed staying in this resort and I highly recommend it. You will enjoy the place, food and service. Even the shuttle service to the airport is very convenient. The only downside I could think of is the wifi service which is very slow. It would be good to have this improved or upgraded.

Room tip: Standard rooms are roomy enough. We didn't need to take the upgraded room.
    Date of stay: June 2014
    • Trip type: Travelled with family
    Reviewed 6 September 2014

Probably one of my favorite hotels in the world. A super value. We were impressed with their efforts toward being green and environmentally responsible. It is as nice or even nicer than any 5 star non-green hotel we have been in. The food is excellent and the staff are very helpful. I highly recommend this hotel to all my friends. VERY convenient to Underground River. They will make arrangements for your tour with an excellent service. Cannot say enough about the management of this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2014