“An ideal stay for those seeking luxury, peace and quiet.”

Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad
Ranked #4 of 69 Hotels in Marianske Lazne
Reviewed 13 March 2016

I found there everything I was looking for and a lot more. It is a tranquil oasis in the middle of a small spa town. All city's highlights are within a walking distance but the hotel is in a quiet street a bit aside from the center. Which means that your sleeps will be undisturbed, you will be able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of old times and, still, you will be connected with both the nature and the city adequately.

The food is excellent. There is everything one could think of at breakfasts, including porridge, crispy beacon, ham and cheese, omelettes...whatever. Good coffee including espresso/cappuccino/latte, large selection of tea. There is a small snack served between 11:30 and 13:30 - soup, salads and usually one main course. Dinner is the day's highlight, although it is not exactly the "haute cuisine". Rather a "German style" cooking. Very tasty, though. There is a six course menu served on Saturdays.

Rooms are adequate, neither large nor small. Bathrooms are large enough but bathroom facilities are limited. No hair conditioner, no body lotion is provided. There are no convenient shops nearby, unfortunately, but some decent cosmetic stuff is available at the spa reception. There are bathrobes and slippers in the room. Spa towels are exchanged every day. No coffee/tea making facilities.

The spa area is the best part of the hotel - five swimming pools, four saunas. Swimwear is not allowed in the saunas, which can be surprising/inconvenient for English and French.

I particularly liked the Edwardian library adjoined with a nice lobby bar and a large terrace. There is a live jazz or piano music almost every evening. Cocktails and other drinks are served the whole day at affordable prices.

This hotel is mostly occupied by elderly Germans. Which is nice for those seeking peace, not so nice for young couples enjoying nightlife and partying. However, generally, Marienbad is not exactly the right place for the latter anyway :-)

Room Tip: Best rooms are in the "Orangerie" house.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Mrs. Mae_Prague,

thank you kindly for your stay and great review. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our services, specialy with our spa and architecture.
Haute cuisine is not everybody´s thing so we preffer to spoil our guests with more traditional central European cuisine.
We appreciate your valuable comment regarding the bath room amenities and we are happy to inform you that we will soon start to provide body lotion in all our rooms.
We hope to be able to greet you soon again at our hotel.

Ivanka Ajlec, general manager and Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Team

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I stayed at this hotel twice during my travels. The first time arriving from Prague late, so I missed dinner. They sent me a cheese and meat platter(huge!) to my room which I had with some really good wine from the stocked room fridge.
The room was excellent, super comfortable bed, big bathroom with shower and bath.
It was really quiet and restful.
Breakfast is included and has anything you could possibly want for breakfast.
Renovations were being done on the spa pool etc but this did not affect me as I wasn't there for the spa or pool. There was an alternative hotel pool offered at no charge.
free wifi worked perfectly.
My second stay was on returning from Berlin and it really did feel like a Welcome Home, as they say.
The hotel has lots of really beautiful furniture pieces throughout.
The reception staff are very helpful. A few speak English which helped me. There was an especially lovely ?manager (I think he was a manager) who chatted several times.
The restaurant staff are very attentive, each morning at breakfast the young guys that work there were so nice.
(After 2 weeks in more rural Czech Republic you really begin to appreciate any kindness and smiles, outside the hotel or restaurant industry there are few people who smile or show any welcome. I'm not sure why this is...even in lots of stores, surly, miserable faces and an F you attitude. So the hotel was a welcome refuge!)
I had dinner there once (which was included), an excellent choice of main meal plus huge buffet with it.
The Czech wine I found to be hit and miss at different places but here it is very good!
Perfect location for the rest of the town, easy walk to mineral spa, shops, restaurants and park.
I definitely recommend this hotel...plus it was a really good deal! My booking included breakfast, an afternoon snack and dinner, a free drink at the bar..plus pool, deals on treatments. I didn't have time to take advantage of all that was offered and had other places I had to be for dinner....but if I had..!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your stay and splendid review. Our philosophy is WELCOME HOME and we are pleased that you felt exactely that way.
Also for me was our daily chatt a big pleasure.
We hope to be able to greet you again soon at our hotel.
We wish you all the best in New Year.

Your Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Team

Reviewed 19 June 2015

During the last full day of a recent study abroad trip to the Czech Republic, I decided to treat the students to a spa day. We travelled from Prague to Marienbad, where the students were pampered body, mind, and soul by the Falkensteiner’s stellar staff. Our group was large and came without much warning. Still, management and staff did all they could to accommodate us and make us feel at home. We couldn’t be happier with the warm hospitality and wonderful treatment we received!

Special kudos go to the manager who worked hard to accommodate our group, meet our needs, and exceed our expectations. I believe his name was Daniel. (And apologize if I am wrong! Met many people while abroad and am still a bit jetlagged.)

Services the students availed themselves of ranged from massages to beauty treatments. In addition, our group took advantage of the spa’s luxurious pools, saunas, and steam room, which could not have been cleaner or more attractive.

The facility itself is stunning. The Falkensteiner hotel and spa complex manages to marry old-school charm and old-world elegance with the best that contemporary spa culture has to offer. The city in which it is located, Marienbad, is well worth visiting on its own merits for its charming architecture and its interesting history. The Falkensteiner can arrange a guided walking tour for those interested in exploring the town.

Be advised that German is the dominant language spoken by staff, followed by Russian and Czech. Only a very few of the staff spoke English. But that presented no problems for our group.

Suggestion: Let the Falkensteiner management know in advance if you’re coming with a large group, so they can secure add’l staff to meet your all your needs. The management and staff treated us like royally without such notice, but I have been assured they could and would have done even more had they known we were coming. They set such a high bar re: service during our visit that it is hard for me to imagine they can surpass that standard. But next year, God willing, I would like to give them the chance to do so.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear Mr. Robert,

thank you kind for your visit and a splendid review. For us is the guest satisfaction our top priority and we wish to apologise if the service was totaly at your expectations. We have seldome groups of this kind, but we will surely be better preapared, when you come for the next time.
We are however pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay. This is exactely what we wish to offer to our guests. A pleasent relaxation combined with a charm of old times.
We hope to be able to greet you soon at our hotel again.

Your Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Marienbad Team

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

We went 2 adult couples.
The guests of the hotel were the most from Germany so it was very polite, quiet place. We enjoyed 4 pools: one outside - in the cold but hot water, two inside one with bubbles, one deep inside salty and dark with colorfull lights - romantic with minerals..
At the evening we took the 6 parts dinner: it was great and surprising. There was a waitress that explained us about the meal ans changed the meal fir our vegeterian friends. We enjoted 2 unfirgetable hours ...
Went to sleep in the quiet room
That have no cofee and tea making tools but they gave me a thermous with hot water for the night.
The varhroom was exellent with a strong water pressure and the bad very comfortable.
The guests were old for us but that is why it was quiet.
There was a dj party ay the cafe for people to dance and enjoy music.
Breakfest was great, rich and "healthy" one and since we took the half board option we gain a soup and salade lanch from 11:30 and on.. It was much more then soup and salade...
The team was great
Something funny happened to us: we enjoyed the foset so we asked were we can buy one demostrating photo of it in the iphone and the reception person thought we wanted to still it...
They speak german, chez and a little english but we manage very well and got everything on time!
Thanks

• Stayed: October 2014
Zdenka P, Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Dear guest,
We are writing to thank you for having chosen the Grand Spa Hotel Marienbad. It was a pleasure to have you stayed with us. Thank you also for taking the time to give us this positive feedback which is so much motivation for the whole team. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if we can assist with your booking.
Best regards from Marianske Lazne, your Grand Spa Team

Reviewed 3 October 2014

Two nights at this hotel that includes at least three " villas ".My quiet , clean room was as far as possible from the reception without leaving the place.It was called Villa Ferdinand and I had to follow the corridor through Villa Les Orangers " following the main building.It was the same building anyway ! The room in light blue color was very nice .One shouldn't forget anything before a tour in the city center which is just downhill.The buffet, for evening meal and breakfast was very good but everything shuts down early as the clients are there for the Spa treatment and not very young ...a bit tired !
As I should write in every comment, I have never discovered a suitcase stand adapted to the 4 wheels suitcase and it may quita problem when you don't need to empty it .

Room Tip: Villa Ferdinand ...but think twice before going out for a walk or a shopping trip.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Zdenka P, Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We appreciate your comments regarding location and meals.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Kind regards, your Grand Spa Team