US$185
US$165
US$173
US$92
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Golf Hotel Morris(Marianske Lazne)
US$67
Hotel Olympia(Marianske Lazne)
US$99
US$89
US$173
US$168
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Regent(Marianske Lazne)
US$88
US$85
Hotels.com
US$183
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Fontana(Marianske Lazne)(Great Value!)
US$54
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor poolhalf boardvery pleasant stayquiet placeother guestsmineral waterwalking distancelibrarypoolssaltyadaptedalexandraspamineralswinesspringwellness
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Got a weekend trip as a gift. Hotel room was nice but a bit dated. Room was 2nd floor above the bar and the very bad music could be heard if the windows where open. Both indoor and heated outdoor pools. a large round pool that had bubbles from time to time. 4 or 5 different saunas. Friday night was a buffet dinner food was OK but nothing special and some of it was over cooked. Saturday night was a 6 course meal. Food was mostly OK and portion size was a bit small. Breakfast was fair and included fresh fried eggs of a omelette. As i do not know the price paid i can not comment to value. I would recommend checking the price with and with out food . Food was not bad just not at the same level as the rest of the facilities. Large list of spa treatments onsite if you have the time and the money. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Mr. Straker53,

thank you for your stay and review. We are pleased that you were satisfied with your stay and we may say also with your gift.
We have the biggest pool complex in Marianske Lazne, the only outdoor pool in town, indoor swimming pool and a whirpool, where the massage is on in intervals of 10min.
It is true that we make music evening at our bar on weekends. We usually have jazz or evergreen dance music. This is very appreciated by the most of our guests, however tastes are different.
As you have written, we serve on Saturday a 6 course gala dinner. The most common feedback is that actualy serve too much.
We offer stays on breakfast or on halfboard basis, so the guests are welcome to choose the type that suits them best.
We hope to greet you soon again at the Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Marienbad.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

Perfect Minibreak even for a family of not so young children. The staff were attentive, the food genuinely plentiful, excellent quality and healthy, too! The rooms were exceptionally clean; the spa, pool and sauna splendid - this hotel has our highest rating and we hope to go back!

Stayed: April 2016

Dear Guest,

thank you for your stay and great review. We we glad to share it with our employees. We hope to be able to greet you soon again at our hotel.

Your Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Team

Reviewed 13 March 2016

I found there everything I was looking for and a lot more. It is a tranquil oasis in the middle of a small spa town. All city's highlights are within a walking distance but the hotel is in a quiet street a bit aside from the center. Which means that your sleeps will be undisturbed, you will be able to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of old times and, still, you will be connected with both the nature and the city adequately.

The food is excellent. There is everything one could think of at breakfasts, including porridge, crispy beacon, ham and cheese, omelettes...whatever. Good coffee including espresso/cappuccino/latte, large selection of tea. There is a small snack served between 11:30 and 13:30 - soup, salads and usually one main course. Dinner is the day's highlight, although it is not exactly the "haute cuisine". Rather a "German style" cooking. Very tasty, though. There is a six course menu served on Saturdays.

Rooms are adequate, neither large nor small. Bathrooms are large enough but bathroom facilities are limited. No hair conditioner, no body lotion is provided. There are no convenient shops nearby, unfortunately, but some decent cosmetic stuff is available at the spa reception. There are bathrobes and slippers in the room. Spa towels are exchanged every day. No coffee/tea making facilities.

The spa area is the best part of the hotel - five swimming pools, four saunas. Swimwear is not allowed in the saunas, which can be surprising/inconvenient for English and French.

I particularly liked the Edwardian library adjoined with a nice lobby bar and a large terrace. There is a live jazz or piano music almost every evening. Cocktails and other drinks are served the whole day at affordable prices.

This hotel is mostly occupied by elderly Germans. Which is nice for those seeking peace, not so nice for young couples enjoying nightlife and partying. However, generally, Marienbad is not exactly the right place for the latter anyway :-)

Room Tip: Best rooms are in the "Orangerie" house.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Mrs. Mae_Prague,

thank you kindly for your stay and great review. We are very happy that you were satisfied with our services, specialy with our spa and architecture.
Haute cuisine is not everybody´s thing so we preffer to spoil our guests with more traditional central European cuisine.
We appreciate your valuable comment regarding the bath room amenities and we are happy to inform you that we will soon start to provide body lotion in all our rooms.
We hope to be able to greet you soon again at our hotel.

Ivanka Ajlec, general manager and Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Team

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I stayed at this hotel twice during my travels. The first time arriving from Prague late, so I missed dinner. They sent me a cheese and meat platter(huge!) to my room which I had with some really good wine from the stocked room fridge.
The room was excellent, super comfortable bed, big bathroom with shower and bath.
It was really quiet and restful.
Breakfast is included and has anything you could possibly want for breakfast.
Renovations were being done on the spa pool etc but this did not affect me as I wasn't there for the spa or pool. There was an alternative hotel pool offered at no charge.
free wifi worked perfectly.
My second stay was on returning from Berlin and it really did feel like a Welcome Home, as they say.
The hotel has lots of really beautiful furniture pieces throughout.
The reception staff are very helpful. A few speak English which helped me. There was an especially lovely ?manager (I think he was a manager) who chatted several times.
The restaurant staff are very attentive, each morning at breakfast the young guys that work there were so nice.
(After 2 weeks in more rural Czech Republic you really begin to appreciate any kindness and smiles, outside the hotel or restaurant industry there are few people who smile or show any welcome. I'm not sure why this is...even in lots of stores, surly, miserable faces and an F you attitude. So the hotel was a welcome refuge!)
I had dinner there once (which was included), an excellent choice of main meal plus huge buffet with it.
The Czech wine I found to be hit and miss at different places but here it is very good!
Perfect location for the rest of the town, easy walk to mineral spa, shops, restaurants and park.
I definitely recommend this hotel...plus it was a really good deal! My booking included breakfast, an afternoon snack and dinner, a free drink at the bar..plus pool, deals on treatments. I didn't have time to take advantage of all that was offered and had other places I had to be for dinner....but if I had..!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear Madame,

thank you very much for your stay and splendid review. Our philosophy is WELCOME HOME and we are pleased that you felt exactely that way.
Also for me was our daily chatt a big pleasure.
We hope to be able to greet you again soon at our hotel.
We wish you all the best in New Year.

Your Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Team

Reviewed 19 June 2015

During the last full day of a recent study abroad trip to the Czech Republic, I decided to treat the students to a spa day. We travelled from Prague to Marienbad, where the students were pampered body, mind, and soul by the Falkensteiner’s stellar staff. Our group was large and came without much warning. Still, management and staff did all they could to accommodate us and make us feel at home. We couldn’t be happier with the warm hospitality and wonderful treatment we received!

Special kudos go to the manager who worked hard to accommodate our group, meet our needs, and exceed our expectations. I believe his name was Daniel. (And apologize if I am wrong! Met many people while abroad and am still a bit jetlagged.)

Services the students availed themselves of ranged from massages to beauty treatments. In addition, our group took advantage of the spa’s luxurious pools, saunas, and steam room, which could not have been cleaner or more attractive.

The facility itself is stunning. The Falkensteiner hotel and spa complex manages to marry old-school charm and old-world elegance with the best that contemporary spa culture has to offer. The city in which it is located, Marienbad, is well worth visiting on its own merits for its charming architecture and its interesting history. The Falkensteiner can arrange a guided walking tour for those interested in exploring the town.

Be advised that German is the dominant language spoken by staff, followed by Russian and Czech. Only a very few of the staff spoke English. But that presented no problems for our group.

Suggestion: Let the Falkensteiner management know in advance if you’re coming with a large group, so they can secure add’l staff to meet your all your needs. The management and staff treated us like royally without such notice, but I have been assured they could and would have done even more had they known we were coming. They set such a high bar re: service during our visit that it is hard for me to imagine they can surpass that standard. But next year, God willing, I would like to give them the chance to do so.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Simon G, Sales Manager at Falkensteiner Hotel Grand MedSpa Marienbad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2015

Dear Mr. Robert,

thank you kind for your visit and a splendid review. For us is the guest satisfaction our top priority and we wish to apologise if the service was totaly at your expectations. We have seldome groups of this kind, but we will surely be better preapared, when you come for the next time.
We are however pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay. This is exactely what we wish to offer to our guests. A pleasent relaxation combined with a charm of old times.
We hope to be able to greet you soon at our hotel again.

Your Falkensteiner Grand MedSpa Marienbad Team