“Well...a funny place”
Review of Hotel Oaza

Hotel Oaza
Ranked #448 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

As I needed to book something literally last minute (arriving on the same day) I used trivago...and u are getting what u paid for...on the other hand place looks like its probably always full so they really could spend some money on even basic paint. The room smelled with bleach so I imagine it would be clean alright:) Rooms on the photos look so much nicer than the one we got...I believe it was painted roughly around when Berlin wall was falling. It is cheap backpackers hotel which doesn't even pretend that it is something more. There is breakfast included and again it is not giving you any illusion that it isn't cheap as everything is tesco value or there equivalent :) Room was clean , sheets were clean , just everything was worn a lot. Oh there was a balcony in our room but unfortunately second bed was preventing opening the balcony door to get there. Maybe it was a safety feature or maybe my back is just too big...saying that I was able to take a look..and I haven't seen paint trying to leave the surface of the wall since I was a little kid and was helping my uncle in painting my late grandmother world war 2 era built house:) Oh , there was flat screen TV :) As I said there was breakfast included but if u are not a fan of scrambled eggs or dodgy looking frankfurters cut into small pieces...you can always get some cereal or a sandwich , again Tesco Value :) I'm not fussy at all and eggs were actually nice with the right amount of salt and u can actually see its being made in little kitchen from real eggs, not some pre-prepared egg thing :) I have arrived late so all the English speaking staff was gone but I was able to check and we got our key :) as I said I've arrived late (with wife and kid) and all we needed was a bed so on that side it was fine :) it just needs a bit of tlc as I have no doubt it was once a nice place...and painting shower door from the inside to cover the wear and tear and bits of mould is not the best ideas :) anyhow if u are in need it's not too bad (I've seen worse) although opinions on trivago suggested it is much nicer place than it is in reality.
Oh there's free Wi-Fi and free parking which is a huuge bonus :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ladasik

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed from the 30th of December until the 03rd of January 2016.
Selected this hotel as the City of Prague and its surrounding was filled to capacity with people wanting to celebrate the New Year in Prague.
The hotel is very basic, and the rooms need to be refurbished .
Rooms were clean but the lighting was insufficient.
The breakfast offered was very basic, and nothing to write home about.
Though I saw several part time employees at the reception, they were so kind very friendly , and ever so helpful .
There was sufficient free parking in front of the hotel.
Reasonably priced for a two star hotel.
There are regular bus services to the centre of the city.
Well suited for bag packers.
Thanks and kind regards
Randolph Perera

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2016

The hotel leaves a lot to be desired, it is quite outdated and needs refurbishment badly. But the rooms are clean and the staff is extraordinarily kind and helpful. I slept very well, there was no noise and the bed was comfortable. Buffet breakfast is simple but I did not miss anything.

Room Tip: I had a room on fifth floor facing the tennis courts and I can't complain.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 May 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights, the rooms were clean and basic. Rate included breakfast which was ok. Staff were very friendly and helpful. It's not in city and hotel will book cabs into town for you but it's cheaper by Metro.
Got pizzeria restaurant along side and a public swimming pool round back, loads of tennis courts.

Room Tip: All rooms have same outlook
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights passing through Europe.
Room was large, with balcony and very clean.
Easy to find for me at least, if you find Hotel Barcelo Praha which is huge and easy to see, Hotel Oaza is very close.
Staff were polite, happy and helpful, especially the young lady on the day shift who really tries hard to make you feel welcome.
The hotel is perfect for good value accommodation, good transport link to city center.
Take the 118 bus from opposite side of road to hotel (just up the street 50m) and get off at Dvorce.
Tram 3 from Dvorce will take you to Central Prague. 15 min whole journey.
Thanks Oaza, I will be back. :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo