“A Real Little France”

Cukrarna Saint Tropez
Ranked #40 of 179 Dessert in Prague
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Reviewed 26 January 2016

This place is quite interesting. In fact, it’s a great attraction in the middle of the town. You will not regret a visit, but if you ask me, I need to tell you something more. This patisserie is definitely unique all around, but I wouldn’t say it is the best one here. One of the best is for sure. So, the place is a difficult to handle, I am always not so comfortable there, but maybe it is just because I don’t like to sit in a shop window ;-) Nevertheless thanks to this design you can watch preparations of your favourite and even less favourite cakes “online” as a part of the kitchen is open and you can watch the pastry-cook right in his office. Sometimes it is much better than the latest Hollywood movie, trust me!
The cakes are…amazing. Unique and interesting. But I guess that you can find one or two you will not like and maybe you would not make your choice at all here, because they are somehow special. But when you decide to try one and you are sure with your choice, you will get a heavenly experience. Absolutely balanced tastes and daring combinations together with the classics. That’s all I can say and that’s my truth.
Go there, enjoy it, share your thoughts, this place deserves the debate. But maybe it is all twisted and everything is simply the best there, it is up to you. But even when you don’t like cakes, you will at least like this place just to visit it!

Reviewed 30 November 2015

I was looking for the best hot chocolate in Prague and this place was mentioned on another review.

I have to say the hot chocolate was good but not the best I have ever had. But on the whole the place was really lovely. It was quiet but the cakes were scrummy and I ended up having two

Reviewed 15 October 2015

We were so satisfied with their cakes. Strawberry cheesecake was fabulous. Cappuccino and triple mousse cake were also very good. Coffe is also very tasty. But pralines were horribly...

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

I've already tasted all of their cakes and it is all fabulous. They use the highest quality ingredients, therefore the price. It might be a little bit more expensive for Czechs but definitely worth it. If you have troubles finding it: you need to enter the Arcade "U Novaku" from street Vodickova. It is on the right side after 20 meters! Thank you friendly staff for taking such a good care of us everytime we visit! Coffee is great too!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

When I was looking for best places to visit in Prague, this pastry shop appeared everywhere. So maybe I expected too much. Ladies behind vitrine were very nice. Macarons looked not very good. Cakes were not very fresh. Coffee was ok.