“Amazing Indian Restaurant”

Indian Restaurant Mayur
Ranked #3,669 of 5,781 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: European, Indian, Czech
Good for: Local cuisine
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: 1st Indian restaurant inPrague opened in 1978
Reviewed 5 October 2017

On our last day in Prague, we all decided to have a Indian meal, we stumbled upon this restraunt by chance. The food was cooked as we waited, and what a surprise. This was by far the best curry house outside my local in UK. The was well prepared, hot and plentiful. The taste was absolutely amazing. The service was good and served with a smile. If you are in the area and fancy a curry, then I would recommend you visit this establishment. Wish we had time to revisit again

Reviewed 9 September 2017

we went there this week and the food was amazing, The best Indian I have ever had by far. we had a starter each and a main and every mouthful was a treat. I have had many curry's from all over the world and this Is the best by far. It cost 1100 Czk for all with drink's about €43 for the two of us and worth every penny, I wasn't planning on going back to Prague. But I might now. we ate out for every meal and we found at all the place the staff where rude. but we found the manager delightful, we would 100% recommend eating here. It was just a shame we only found it the last night.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I have visited the restaurant in my first night in Prague. i have ordered Biryani & butter chicken. the Biryani was normal and the butter chicken was better.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We loved the food but the service was a little rude as per the Indian Restaurant standards. The food definitely has an India-ness to it. Would recommend it.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

I had dinner here while in Prague on business. It was completely empty so you'd think the staff would be super attentive - but I had to get their attention every time I needed something. The food was great. However I ordered something on the specials board only to be informed ten minutes later it wasn't available... (maybe shouldn't be a special) However I had a palak paneer, roti, raita, and rice and all was fresh and delicious. In terms of Indian food, it was as authentic as you'd get in Indian restaurants outside of India and among the best I've compared to what I've had at home. Price was reasonable too. The only thing needing attention are the un-interested, bored and not helpful staff...