“Very nice hotel, perfect location. Nice room, breakfast and service are excellent.”

President Hotel Prague
Ranked #159 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 January 2018

A very good hotel for a city trip. We were the to celebrate Sylvester and New Year, 2017/2018. Nice fireworks on the Charles Bridge.

The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Old Town Square, the Prague boats are on the other side of the street.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Petr C, Guest relation at President Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear HMasel,
Thank you for your kind and positive feedback about your stay during the New Years Eve. We are very happy that you enjoyed our great location nearby the Old town square, nice room, breakfast and our service. We are already excited to your possible next visit to Prague.
Axxos Hotels & Resorts

Write a ReviewReviews (1,215)

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I was looking forward to this trip very much since it was my first Christmas in Europe and therefore I also expected a lot!!! We came to the hotel by Prague airport transfers and I recommend everybody to come with them if you want to come by taxi company. The hotel met my expectations regarding the design, location (in the heart of Prague,fabulous), breakfast, cleanliness and all-in-all impression, also my friend's. But what exceeded my expectations by miles was the staff, namely Martina who is supervising the Front Desk. I felt cared for from the moment I entered the hotel and was greeted by her (I simply have to say this) beautiful smile. She assigned me a marvelous room with a view to the castle 424 and that was just the beginning. She explained me dozens of things about Prague and didn't seem to be annoyed by any of my questions (and I was asking a lot). She advised me what to do, where to go, where and what to eat. Her recommendations and some secret tips were essential part of my amazing holiday in Prague. There were some minor imperfections at the hotel but as I was informed by Martina, the hotel has been fully reconstructed lately and is in the final phase of finishing the details so no bad word about anything there!!! Breakfast area was phenomenal, staff also very nice and welcoming. I hope I will have a chance to come back to Prague because the city is wonderful and if I do, I will definitely stay at the President and make sure it won't be Martina's day off :) Greetings from Mumbai!

Room Tip: Ask nicely for the view to the castle, it is absolutely worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Petr C, Guest relation at President Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your very positive review and for your recommendation of President Hotel to our future customers.
It is our pleasure to read, that you enjoyed the great service of our staff. Thank you especially for mentioning our great colleague Martina from Front Desk, this is the best motivation for her to keep the highest standards constantly. We also appreciate your nice comments about our very central location, delicious breakfast and cleanĺiness.
Thank you once again for your lovely comments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again in the next future.

Yours sincerely,

Diana Kánová

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

Great value for money. Really satisfied with everything the hotel has to offer. View to the river Vltava nice bonus! Breakfast offers pretty much all you can imagine - no champagne or sparkling wine though but waitresses will gladly serve you some from the lobby bar if needed. Short walk to the old town 15 minutes to Charles bridge.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Petr C, Guest relation at President Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Mauri V,
We appreciate your decision to write your comment on Tripadvisor with hope to help another future guests for choosing our President hotel. We are very glad to hear, that we were able to satisfy your needs and expectations. We highly appreciate your contribution and believe to welcome you in our hotel again should your future trips take you back to Prague.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Location excellent, room was very good and clean. rich breakfast. Staff always helpful. The only negative thing I found was that when we arrived at 12:00 hrs they told me that check in is at 15:00 hrs. However the room was ready but they said if i wanted an early check in I had to pay 30 euros. I accepted but this left a bitter taste.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear andreasa958,
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for you coming to stay with us and for taking the time to share your feedback with other travelers.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our excellent location, good breakfast and helpful staff.
It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you back to Prague again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel location is good, walk to old town within 10min. Tram station is not really nearby but walkable distances. Good selection for breakfast buffet. Hotel lobby and the room look new, simple and clean.

1  Thank Jack L
Petr C, Guest relation at President Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing our President hotel for your stay in Prague and for taking your time to write your review.
It is nice to see your kind words regarding our central location, delicious breakfast and new rooms.
I am just wondering about long distance to the tram station which you wrote about, because the next tram station Nr.17 and bus stop 207 is only 2 min to walk. The closest metro station A - Staromestska takes you about 7 min to walk.
Thank you one more time for sharing your experience with our future guests and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in our hotel again.

Diana Kánová