“Amazing Hostel!”
Review of Prague Tyn

Prague Tyn
Ranked #85 of 676 Speciality Lodging in Prague
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I arrived via public transportation and thoroughly enjoyed meandering through the Old Town streets trying to find the hostel. Once I located the TYN sign on the main street, I had a smooth check-in with one of the great hostel staffers. No matter which currency you pay with, exact change will be appreciated.

I ended up sharing a four-bed room with three other friends and we were all pleased to find we had comfortable beds (no bunk beds), each with a reading light and night stand. In addition, each person had a large locker available in the room (locks and keys provided). The restrooms were clean and even with a full house I never had to wait for a toilet or shower. The hostel felt very secure with a controlled front door, a locking hall door and a lock on the room door. I especially liked that I did not have to leave my key at the front desk when coming or going.

This hostel has an amazing kitchen - probably the best hostel kitchen I have ever used! It was clean, well stocked, and large enough for several people to be in at once. There are about five relatively new computers available for use 24 hours a day and in the computer area and common room free wifi is available.

The location and price can't be beat and I would definitely recommend this hostel to budget conscious travelers visiting Prague.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We stayed at Hostel Tyn for three nights. Two were planned but the third came due to a train strike. They happily gave us a room for the third night. We didn't have to bring sheets and they cleaned our room after our departure. Free internet was so good though we had to stay in touch with our friends at home through Facebook. To be able to look for stuff to do was also easy with the five computers in the common room. We stored our breakfast in the two fridges in the collective kitchen and a tiny supermarket was just around the corner. The thing WE liked the most was that it was so sheep for being located just a two minute walk from the Old Town Square. I totally recommend staying at Hostel Tyn!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2011

The hostel is in a great location and easy walk to most everything or easy access to public transport. The rooms are clean and it was pretty quiet. Computers available and wifi down in the common area. If you are looking for a safe, quiet, clean place to stay in the middle of town it's great. Staff wasn't overly friendly but they weren't rude either. More like hey this is my job and I'm punching the clock. I've stayed in some fabulous places (7 Hostel Sant'Agnello) and some dumps as well (Hotel Souvenir Florence) and Hostel Tyn is neither fabulous nor a dump. It's nothing special but you'll only be sleeping here since there's so much to do in Prague. It's a good value - think Super 8.

Room Tip: Be specific about what room you want.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2011

This place has it all. It's clean, comfy, secure, and has the best location money can buy. In fact, it's super affordable. I stayed in a 4-bed dorm with all single beds (no bunks!) and each person got their own locker. Bring your own lock. Stay here if you'll be backpacking in Prague!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I would highly recommend this hostel! The location was perfect, only seconds from Old Town Square (literally 100 steps) where there are plenty of restaurants and things to do. It is down a small alley so best to walk with someone if you're female. It is moments from wenceslas square where there are more commercial shops if required. Very close the Opera House. The hostel itself was very clean, the staff were friendly/helpful and it was very comfortable. The common room was quiet but nice with a couple of couches and a large TV. There are about 5 computers and the internet is fast. I was traveling with my girlfriend and we felt very safe personally and in regards to our belongings. The rooms were warm and you can open your window to get some fresh air. The showers were superb, powerful and very hot!

Restaurant U Spirku is a fantastic restaurant, my girlfriend had the 1/4 duck with red cabbage and it was the best meal of the holiday, she loved it! Grab a german sausage sandwich from one of the fast food huts on the north end of Wenceslas Square. They are cheap and really yummy! Also grab food from the vendors in the Old Town Square where there is a great selection of food, treats and local souvenirs.

All round very cheap and well worth the travel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple