“Not worth the money”

Ranked #157 of 5,893 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: French, Czech
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Staré Město (Old Town)
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everyone was nice.

But knowledge of wine and food wasn’t there.
We came for a birthday dinner and had asked in advance for a birthday cake to be brought out. Food was ok but way over priced for Prague. We had much better quality at other restaurants and even pubs had better wine knowledge. The fact that the place was empty make even more sense that quality from this restaurant isn’t the best. Don’t waste your money. I regret spending over $150 US dollars on this meal.

fboffice, Restaurant Supervisor at Sarah Bernhardt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Mr. Christian,

thank you very much for your feedback about your visit.
I am very sad to know that you didn´t enjoy your visit with us.

Our sommelier was present during your stay in the restaurant and he helped your to choose the wine. I can assure you that he is well trained and has 10+ years experience with wines we offer.
Our restaurant may seem empty, but is is due to your early arrival. Most of the guests usually arrive during later hours.

I can assure your that are always trying to improve not just our service, but also food and other whole feeling, that guests have from our restaurant.
I would be very happy to show you, that we are still improving ourselves and I hope that you will have a chance to visit us again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We went here for dinner two evenings - which goes against our usual holiday 'rules'. The staff were welcoming and the food was really good - as was the wine, it was a little pricey, but certainly good value for money. In particular the steak - which was cooked perfectly.

Great surroundings - it's a beautiful building, would certainly recommend if you fancied a bit of a treat. Don't think bookings are necessary - but i suppose it depends on the time of year.

Would certainly return!

fboffice, Restaurant Supervisor at Sarah Bernhardt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear guests

thank you very much for a nice review.
That is really pleasure for our restaurant.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had a tasting menu paired with wine, it was comparable with Michelin star restaurant I wisited 3 years ago. Not only the food (specially the fish), but especially service! They were attentive, but unobtrusive, all you could wish at the restaurant for fine dining. I can recommend for special evening to everybody.

Dear guests,

thank you very much for choosing our restaurant.
It is very pleasant for our team to read you were happy and satisfied with our job.

We are looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

So very disappointed, my husband and myself were looking forward to finishing our break in Prague with a nice meal here ! My main was the Cod and on first appearances it looked lovely then then water started coming from the fish leaving a puddle on my plate, I mentioned this to the waiter he took it away not apologising saying he would get another in the mean time my husband had finished his ! The waiter was most unhelpful making me feel it was my fault for complaining! I would never recommend this restaurant and when paying high end prices you don’t expect frozen fish !!!!! However they felt obliged to offer 10% of the bill. We should of known as the restaurant was empty ... very disappointed.

fboffice, Restaurant Supervisor at Sarah Bernhardt Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear guest,

thank you very much for review of your visit in the restaurant.

Unfortunately we do not share your opinion that you stated in your review. I can assure you that our fish is always prepared according to the highest standards and always freshly delivered from our suppliers. Our staff is trained to the smallest detail and we also have feedback from our guests that they are satisfied with service and food we provide.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

Booked into the hotel Paris at 9pm having just flown in from the Uk, wanted a good meal without venturing too far. The set menu was fantastic, the tastiest duck I think I’ve ever tasted. Great starters and chocolate mousse cake to finish off with. Couldn’t fault the fabulous food and service. Worth more than a five star rating, one on the nicest meals I’ve had. Great decor too!