“Lovely food with great views of Prague”
Review of Manes Restaurant

Manes Restaurant
Ranked #693 of 5,787 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$7 - US$62
Neighbourhood: Nové Město (New Town)
Description: Cultural, social and gastronomic history of this building dates back to 1930, when Manes was built on the place of the former Sitkovske mills for the former Association of Fine Artists. Nowadays Manes is renovated and fully respect the original idea of combining culinary and art. There is a permanent exhibition of artworks, including unique ceiling frescoes by Emil Filla. The restaurant offers excellent Czech and French cuisine in a modern concept under the guidance of chef Jaroslav Zahalka.
Reviewed 9 March 2017

I had been planning on stopping by at Manes for a while, but had been a bit reluctant as I thought it would just be a tourist trap (and as a local I would certainly avoid that!). I guess when Summer comes and the weather is nicer the place will be packed, but it was a great experience.
I went to the exhibition at their gallery and decided to sit for lunch. The service was extremely friendly (as you would expect from a place charging what they do!), the restaurant is kind of fancy without being pedantic, the views are pretty nice, and the food very tasty. Portions are quite small (very small I would say) for the price, but the taste is great.
I was expecting to have the oysters and was very disappointed when the waiter said they didn't have them... so I had the onion soup (kc85), and the smoked beef tongue, with parsley mashed potatoes and snails (Kc295). Really good!
They also offer a lunch menu during weekdays, but the options just didn't sound very appealing (or at least not what I was looking for at that moment).
Take some time to visit their gallery, it's really beautiful!

2  Thank SaniHadek
Hanka V, Marketing Manager at Manes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Dear guest, we appreciate your positive feedback about our restaurant. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

This restaurant located just on the side of the river with a beautiful view of old Prague. They serve European and International food with an eastern European twist. The food is well cooked and the taste is nice. But still, the view is nicer. The sound of the water from the dam under this place is so calming. I think this place even better for dinner or let say sunset dining. The lights in the old Prague in the distance will bring another nice atmosphere to your dinner experience here.

1  Thank faozanrizal
Hanka V, Marketing Manager at Manes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear guest, we appreciate your feedback about our restaurant. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We ended up in Prague on Christmas Eve at the end of a Danube River cruise. Art Manes was one of the restaurants recommended by the tour operators (Viking) and we were not disappointed. All aspects of the meal were a hit. Our party ordered Oysters, snails, duck breast, onion soup and lamb. We shared and every dish was appreciated by all

4  Thank UWFan53
Hanka V, Marketing Manager at Manes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear guest, we appreciate your positive feedback about our restaurant. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Christmas time in Mánes and we look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2017

After visits on previous trips to Prague we chose this restaurant for a significant birthday celebration and were not disappointed. This room is just a wonderful place to sit. Great service which was attentive and knowledgeable without being at all intrusive. Our food was excellent and the pianist just completed a thoroughly enjoyable evening for us.

4  Thank boz107
Hanka V, Marketing Manager at Manes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Thank you for such a lovely review! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your birthday celebration in our restaurant. I hope you also enjoyed your stay in Prague even though it was so freezing weather and we all hope your next visit is just around the corner. Do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

This is a great restaurant. The food is top quality and plated beautifully. On top of that the setting is gorgeous. The view on the river is perfect. (Child friendly) A definitive recommendation.

3  Thank panam07
Hanka V, Marketing Manager at Manes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Dear guest, thank you for your nice review! I’m happy that you enjoyed your visit and I’m looking forward to having you again as a guest in Mánes Restaurant.