“A great find!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hradčany & Letná
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Situated on the way up to Petrin Hill, from the outside it looks nothing special but once inside WOW! Inside it is a magical candelit cave very atmospheric, full of history and an absolute delight to have lunch in. The beef goulash soup comes in a bread bowl and is simply delicious. Not for those with a poor appetite given its size and a visit to Prague would not be complete without trying it.

2  Thank gelascotland

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Poor communication. We had a native Czech in the party!
Did not offer a relaxed warm welcome.
Made us feel like an intrusion.
Plates taken away before others had finished.
Not cheap for a average food.
Yes a great setting but they need to work on realising customers should be treated as guests and made to feel welcome and relaxed. This does not involve cost.

Mirek K, Vlastník at Restaurant Peklo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Hello,
thank you for your opinion, the New Year's Eve was full here. After the order, it is common for the menus to be taken away. The service must serve all. Some guests lack gastronomic education. M.K.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

When you have the time, one of the main jobs a restaurant has is to transport you from the mundane normalities of everyday life and take you on a culinary journey. Although Prague is anything but mundane, Restaurant Peklo achieves this effortlessly. The setting is magical, our children said they felt as though they were "inside Harry Potter". My wife and I felt as though we had been transported back hundreds of years. The restaurant is lit by candles and the walls are literally exposed brick and cave walls.

The food matches the setting perfectly. It's warm, rustic and wholesome. My son had the goulash soup inside bread. My daughter and I had the duck leg with dumplings and my wife had the pork loin. It was all absolutley delicious.

Oh, and there is excellent locally brewed beer. We had a couple before we went back out into the cold. My wife went for the blueberry beer and I opted for the dark beer.

Give this place a try. Ambience, history, great food...Restaurant Peklo has it all.

1  Thank nickytom82
Reviewed 28 December 2017

My wife and I had booked a table in this restaurant before we travelled to Prague for the evening of the 24th December 2017.
We walked up to the restaurant on the 24th during the day to make sure of our reservation and attempted to speak with a male member of staff and a female member of staff in the downstairs cave restaurant area.
Both were very rude and quite aggressive, obviously 'busy' serving customers but could not spare just one minute to check our reservation was in place for that evening. The manager who I had emailed beforehand was not working that day.
Due to the staff being so rude and uncourteous we both decided to try and book somewhere else for that night - which was NOT easy. Thankfully my wife and I found a lovely restaurant further down near to the university square and the staff were polite, friendly and very interested in serving their customers!
If you want to feel that your hard earned money is worth something and wish to be treated as a customer and not a 'nuisance' then do not go to this restaurant - if you do, then don't tell me I didn't warn you...........
There are plenty of lovely restaurants in this beatiful city who are actually interested in their customers - this isn't one of them!!

1  Thank Saturn853
Mirek K, Vlastník at Restaurant Peklo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear Saturn853,
20x the waiter has confirmed the reservation and waitress 10x. We do not understand :-)

M.K.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

We walked up to the Monastery hoping to find a nice vantage point to take photos at dusk and instead found this restaurant. We walked in, down the stairs, and through a tunnel that opened into this wonderful old brick cellar. We had some drinks and just enjoyed where we were. Very Cool!

2  Thank ramerog5051