“Tasty, fast, but still healthy”
Review of Gourmet Pauza

Gourmet Pauza
Ranked #746 of 5,788 Restaurants in Prague
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Neighbourhood: Praha 5
Description: Our family bistroteca Gourmet Pauza offers a wide range of healthy meals, excellent wines of all categories, delicious coffee, cakes, fresh juice, homemade ice-tea and lemonades, italian homemade pasta. We offer all day meals, including power breakfast, daily new lunch menu and stunning dinner menus. Everyone will be satisfied - fish lovers, meat lovers, vegetarian and gluten free consumers.
Reviewed 15 November 2016

We visited this bistro few times and every time we are surprised by high quality cuisine. I have to mention tomatoe soup which is extraordinary. Do not forget to tast wine (beer is in here very good too, but for there, wine fits better). Definitely worth for visit!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Neighborhood was quite misleading (quite a busy street, tram stop just near the venue and running people all around) but as I entered the restaurant, all that was left behind and I was greeted with the warmest atmosphere, as well as with the nicely designed interior. Gourmet Pauza is not a big business, this nevertheless increases your chances it won't be a regular meal-factory with dozens of pre-cooked plates on the menu and you would get the meal tailored personally for you. Good choice of wines (Italian, Spanish, French), fresh ingredients, tasty food, and what is also nice to mention - nicely decorated plates. Service was also brilliant, attentive and ready to help if any advice is needed. One more thing I liked - chief was very eager to accommodate my special request and did exactly what I needed to taste.

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

The food was very good. Very well decorated. Nice ambience. I really enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Small restaurant kind of out of the way, mainly locals. Finding vegetarian option in Prague can be tough but this place had a number of choices. They would also cook to order and had some tofu in the back so we wound up eating there three nights in a row

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We almost passed it by on our quest for vegetarian fare in Prague, but something about the lighting and decor caught my eye. Certainly, it didn't hurt to have tempting cakes and pastries in the front display case. This is a very small restaurant with a great mix of trendy and traditional decor, a very friendly and capable staff, great prices, good beer, and above all, wonderfully prepared food. We liked it well enough to have dinner there for each of the three nights we were in Prague. With several salads, a fabulous mushroom risotto, and a couple of pasta dishes (cooked perfectly al dente and with great sauces), there was enough variety to to tempt us to return. The carnivores we observed appeared to clean their plates, so I can only assume that the meat dishes were equally delicious. Definitely seek this one out, especially if you're in Nove Mesto, west of the river, a bit to the south. My only regret was watching my calories and not experiencing what looked to be fantastic desserts.