“Good location between university and historic downtown!”
Review of Hotel Continental

Hotel Continental
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Brno
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I stayed here for a conference and found that the hotel provided everything I needed. It's a good compromise between being close to Mendel University and easily accessible to the historic downtown. It's a nice place to grab a drink after a long work day before heading up to bed, and the staff is friendly. It's not fancy, but it's clean and convenient. Would stay here again with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper-floor if you want to exclude traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Just left having felt a bit disappointed with my 3 night stay. Firstly I must say all the staff I dealt with were very friendly, polite and helpful.
Downside was the hotel itself, clean but rooms no better than old fashioned travel lodge rooms. Basic fixture and fittings with no homely warmth and i know its about personal taste but the orange and turquoise colour scheme must have been picked after a night out.
The shower however was excellent.
Disappointed in the hotel considering what I could have got for the same money. I picked it because it included breakfast which was very average apart from this morning a young lad was making omelette which was nice. Must have the weekend off.
Not the greatest of locations as there is very little at that end of town and although it says 0.2 miles from town its the other side you need to be. Also its ok going into town but it's uphill coming back.
Wish I should have ignored the cheap flight and gone to Prague which is far prettier and more cultured. Also you can see why they say Brno is not as touristy because it doesn't offer the same appeal as other European cities. Sorry to the people of Brno for that observation as they were very friendly people

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

First impressions were very good. The lobby is welcoming and the staff spoke English. Our room on the 10th floor had nice view across the city of Brno. Bed was very comfortable, extra pillows we swiftly provided by house keeping and a Tassimo coffee machine was a nice touch.

Only CNN for English speaking TV channels. An input for USB or hdmi would be useful. Toilet in room 1010 is separate from the bathroom and small but functional.

The bar and restaurant are cosy with attentive staff and excellent for for both lunch and dinner.
Breakfast is included and has a wide choice of buffet selections and freshly made omelettes on request.

The city is a short 5 minute walk away and there are convenience stores opposite the hotel as well as a nice variety of local traders.

We will definitely be adding the Continental to the list of Brno hotels we recommend to the clients of Ivy Health Surgery.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ronald W, Manažer at Hotel Continental, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Matt,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It really is a pleasure for us to see, that you've been satisfied with our staff and services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you again at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Avoid rooms at last 2 floors, they have shower in-room and stink. The average rooms are decent, small space, but clean toilets. The most annoying things are loud fans when you go to the WC or shower. The view from the rooms are generally breathtaking. I suggest 8th and 9th floor. The staff is exceptionally friendly. The bed is the best thing, very comfy. The worst thing is the breakfast, where most of the things are uneatable: the sweets are old and very low quality. In general, the breakfast is what ruins the experience. The juice offered is Toma, not very good, in my opinion. The offered choice is quite wide, but the quality is too low.I would recommend this place for the convenient location, but I would suggest not to take the breakfast. There is a nice coffee in front of the hotel, much better quality. A very nice point is that the hotel provides for bath robe, a full set of toiletries, and even disposable slippers!! Wow, these I didn't find even in 5 stars hotels!! That is why in general this hotel would be a 4.5 , but I give 4 because of the terrible breakfast offer. Thumbs up for very kind receptionists!

Room Tip: If you prefer to see the castle, ask for the castle view. Best rooms are between the 5th and the 9th...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear WokkoITA,

thank you for your kind words and time you've spent writing this review.
I am happy you've enjoyed your stay on the higher floors, I have to agree with you, that the view on the city is really stunning. We have taken some new precautions in the bathroom to prevent the smell from the sink, so I hope next time, it will be allright. If there was any problem afterall, please, contact the reception for a possibility of changing your room. Thank you also for your information about breakfasts - I have discussed this matter with our head chef and I can assure you, that it will not happen again.

I hope we will see you again in Brno and our hotel.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

This hotel is good value, with even the superior room being a competitive price. It is conveniently located, no more than a 10 minute walk to the main square and central shopping area. Our room had everything one might need, including complimentary tea/coffee/water, a/c, reliable free wi-fi, and was spotlessly clean and up-to-date in all respects. However, it was quite small, though adequate for a couple of nights. Good choice at breakfast, with plenty of fresh fruit, and the non-meaty hot food was separate from the meat. Staff seemed efficient, and we were given a presentation pack of good-quality wine at check-out. This is by no means a luxury hotel, but is ideal for a short business trip.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear DocDavid,

thank you very much for your time you've spent with us and your time writing your kind words.
I am more thank happy to see, that you've been satisfied with our services and location.

Thank you again and we will be more than happy to welcome you in Brno and our hotel.