All reviewsrailway stationjunior suiteold towngreat hotelbusiness tripclean roomscentral locationgdansk glownyreception staffother hotelspleasant staytea and coffee facilitiesthe hotel receptionsmall gymshopping mallbusy roadexcellent location
Reviewed 11 September 2010

The Scandic Gdansk is an accurately rated 3 star hotel, primarily beneficial for its convenience. It has large rooms, friendly staff, and non-smoking rooms. My room faced the street, but it was quiet. My rate included a free, full breakfast (very good) and free internet. The hotel is directly across from the train station and adjacent to the tourist area of the old town. At the rate I paid, it was not a great value as the bed was just OK, the tube TV had only local stations, and the bathroom had no amenities (just a squeeze bottle of soap).
To get to the hotel from the airport, take the 210 bus (3PLN or $1) and get off at the train station and walk across the street in the underground. The old town was rebuilt after the Germans bombed it during the war, and is very pleasant and worth a several hour visit. I think you will like the hotel

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2010

This hotel was newly converted to Scandic from Holiday Inn during our visit. The rooms were a bit tired, but still cozy and clean. The bar and restaurant were brand new, with a mostly italian menu and very good breakfast. Directly opposite the hotel is the train station, which is practical if you arrive by train.

An OK hotel for the price – clean, but rooms are a bit boring. Breakfast is always included, which is a big plus!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I was a visitor of this residens for just about one month and enjoyed every day & night of my stay.
The staff was very good, friendly and informative when I needed some knowledge about Gdansk city in overall or more specific thing´s like restaurants etc.
And they almost succeeded with teaching me the polish language - I did catch many words & sentences from the staff - and it seems that the liked that and maybe that was the reason for some days special treatments & discounts in the bar & restaurant.
This is for sure not the last time I´ve visited Polen and Gdansk and I recommend it very strongly !

Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I was on business trip so I did not pay for it and I cannot honestly comment on value. Nonetheless it is a perfect location. Quality is above expectation. Room was OK. I know Gdansk a little, so I can say that for both, tourist and business trip the spot is perfect. Staff very friendly and foreign language speaking. Breakfast as in 5* in Southern Europe. DO NOT hesitate.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2010

ideal if you were travelling by train, public car park next door. Full of coach trippers but quiet and no disturbance at night. Nothing remarkable but a useful convenient staging post if your travels take you through Gdansk

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business