Hotel Kosciuszko
US$114
US$103
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscasino downstairscity centretram stationtaxi ridelovely hotelstar hotelcomfortable bedsmall hotelwalking distancethe hotel staffbreakfast buffettaxispasswordpolishcheese
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2015

I chose this hotel for the trip in Krakow and surrounding areas. It is quiet close to the city center (not walking distance). People who like castles and the old classic style will love this place/ History is felt everywhere.
The room is not so big, but enough for a couple. It was clean and with all necessary facilities. In the basement is casino and there is restaurant, which offered really great breakfast. Parking was for free as well as wifi in the room.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 4 September 2015

OK, I will tell you first about the two negatives of Hotel Kosciuszko, and get them out of the way. It's location is a good 15-20 minute taxi ride from the old town, which means you have to add the cost of round trip taxis to your budget (or the cost of staying there). And taxi drivers often will only take cash, and are not crazy about large bills (by which I mean 50 zloty bills or larger).

The second thing I was not crazy about: the hotel has a casino in the basement, where people are allowed to smoke. This means that at pretty much every hour of the day, the cigarette smoke smell is everywhere, especially in the elevator. We could even smell it in our room, slightly.

Otherwise, a wonderful hotel. Our room was the French room, devoted to Kosciuszko's connection to France and how he was given the title of citizen after the Revolution. So the walls were French blue, and there were all sorts of framed prints on the walls connected to events from French history. There was a settee which my wife used for her place to lounge and read in the evenings, and a nice desk where I did computer things like planning the following day's itinerary. We ate dinner there a couple of nights, and enjoyed the excellent pierogis and goose with cranberries. Lovely.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charming_Karl
Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

Really good hotel, generous breakfast. Personnel is very polite and helpful. Room was clean and beautiful. Free wi-fi. Lots of parking places. Very comfortable bed. Highly recommend for stay for one night!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

I have been always staying in this hotel whenever I am in Krakow. The rooms are all unique, comfortable and clean. The staff is always helpful. What I like the most ir restaurant. Thay serve brilliant breakfast and you can have a tasty dinner as well. Recommended!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank BuDomas
Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

My husband and I knew we'd love this hotel upon arrival, and now we're sad to leave our lovely room, the extensive breakfasts and wonderfully prepared dinners. It is $6-$9 USD each way into town by taxi each day, but we'll worth it to stay at this quiet romantic retreat (that also has its own casino if your so inclined!)

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple