“Excellent food, outstanding service!”
Review of Cargo Grill & Deli

Cargo Grill & Deli
Ranked #315 of 1,729 Restaurants in Krakow
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This cool urban restaurant is situated in an abandoned tobacco factory, along with lots of other restaurants and bars - so it's a great place to start your evening out in Krakow. The food was incredible! I had the beef cheeks and my boyfriend had the ribs, and we were both blown away by the quality of the meat, especially for the price. He couldn't finish his because of the generous portions, and that never happens. The most important thing for me though was the service, it was the best I've ever received in my life, without any exaggeration. Our waitress (possibly Justina) took brilliant care of us, recommending food and also Polish drinks for us to try, and P.G. came over (when he discovered we were tourists in a very local hang-out) to point out all his favourite Krakow spots on the map. They couldn't have been friendlier! I've literally joined Trip Adviser so I could write this review. That's how much we enjoyed our visit. Thank you guys!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend invited us to Cargo (23.03). He loves steaks. First - invited by manager. Good prices for lunches - 29PLN for apetizer and steak! Nice staff, very helpful manager (Lady was helping waitress with 20-people table near us), and whole restaurant looks great. We wait a little bit for our food but it was worth it. Bruschetta's were very tasty, steaks great of course. 208PLN for two apetizers, three steaks with sides, two beers, drink and water is ok. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I read many reviews and thought it was my best bet at good quality and not solely targeted at tourists like everything inside the Old Town. It's maybe 100 meters away from the Old Town and was easy to find and only a 10 minute walk. The service was great. Pietr was my waiter, and the place was not at all crowded, so we had a chance to talk a bit, in English [They have an English menu and I had zero difficulty talking with all the employees in English]. It was superb service, and the food was really great. So I had to go back a second time.

The first time I ordered the hamburger with egg on time, and I got it with extra meat. My god, it was so huge and a great value for those on a budget. I did finish it, but barely. And the meat was top quality. The second time I ordered ribeye cooked rare, which I think is really the point of coming here if you have enough zloty in your pocket, and it was excellent. Pricing on that was world market and fair for what you get. But focusing just on what was delivered on the plate, it was as good as any steak I've had in the world.

I highly recommend this place. It is certainly NOT a tourist trap, or even catering to foreigners. Beautiful and tasteful interiors, friendly service and top quality at appropriate prices for what you get. And if you order the hamburger with extra meat, a tip of the hat if you can finish it all!

1  Thank g0dd0g
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We found Cargo by chance. I liked the post industrial area and the fact that Cargo is in a former tobacco factory (No sign of Carmen). The service was great, attentive and enthusiastic and the food was very good, we had a combination of burgers, pulled beef and vegetarian risotto. All were very tasty and large portions.

Wine is a little expensive, maybe they could offer carafes? Overall though, the bill for great service, a good atmosphere and good food was equivalent to £20 per head.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

The best steak house in Cracow. Good value/price ratio, great steaks. We eat there every 2 weeks. Although would appreciate if they could book the same table not a different one every time we come round;-)