“Cheap Good Food. Not Fast Food. A Little Confusing.”
Review of Bar Bambino

Bar Bambino
Ranked #135 of 3,097 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 28 August 2016

They have an English Menu, which helps. If a price doesn't exist on the board, then the dish is not available. Basically, you pay, get a receipt, hand the receipt to the kitchen, and wait for your food. The people there payed more attention to us since we didn't speak Polish.

What to order? Depends. But, I would probably get a main dish with a soup and veggie. I shared 2 main dishes and a soup, and I wasn't full... So I wish I ordered more. However, it takes some time to order and get your food since there was a long line.

The experience was very interesting and I enjoyed the food. The atmosphere is like a cafeteria, which is what I expected from a milk bar. Check it out before all the milk bars disappear in Poland.

2  Thank skytide

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I love almost everything there. Red barszcz with dumplings and chłodnik are my favourite soups. They have great tongue in horseradish sauce, as well as crepes with cottage cheese. I do not recommend knedle ze śliwkami as they tend to be overcooked same as pierogi. Kompot is superb :-)

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I really like this place. You can get a typical polish meal for a few Zlotych! I ordered typical polish dumplings w blueberries and schnitzl w potatoes-all delicious! I will be back to try beetroot soup w egg!

Reviewed 16 June 2016

This is sort of canteen place. In old, communism times places like this, called 'Milky Bar' were really popular. This one, in the heart of Warsaw is the best one. You can have decent food for super low price. Don't expect fancy interior or any kind of waiter staff. Just pay at the counter, wait next to food dispatch window and enjoy the meal. Is a must experience while visiting Warsaw.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Good quality food for only 12Z or £2. I paid that amount for a chicken and onion soup and 7 meat dumplings. It was not fulfilling for lunch but for that amount of money, I don't think I can complain. Well worth the trip. Authentic polish homemade food serves canteen style. highly recommended for cheap eat.