“Yummy, Yummy...... :)”

Gospoda pod Kogutem
Ranked #498 of 2,811 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I visited this place in November with friends. Excellent polish food service. Prices very reasonable. It's worth your money and time.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I brought my Chinese friend just becasue we were super hungry and we didn`t know where to eat. She ordered polish sausage in a sauce and I went for potato pancakes. My pancakes were delicious but the sausage was worse than disgusting! It even wasn`t polish sausage. Horrible. Than additionally there was extra beverage on our bill so I felt like the waiter thought I was stupid blonde and won`t realize. Don`t bother.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

Off the beaten tourist track in Warsaw, the Gospoda (inn) seems to attract mainly locals and students from two nearby colleges.

The bilingual menu offers a wide selection of traditional Polish dishes. The food is tasty and definitely has home cooked flavour. Prices are very affordable. Those on a tight budget may enjoy a lunch menu between 13:00 and 16:00, offering a soup and a choice of two mains for just 19 PLN (or less then €5.00).

While the food was a pleasant surprise, I found the interior decor quite tasteless and uncosy. I guess the intention was to make the interior rustic but it turned out tacky.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This is a traditional Polish restaurant with proper home cooked meals prepared fresh. I've visited both times I have been in Warsaw and have had fantastic meals on both ocassions. I would recommend the soup in a bread bowl, the hunters pork and even the flaki, beef tripe soup. The prices are so so cheap, portions are generous and the beer is fantastic as well. Get out of the centre on the metro and go to Mokotow. From there it is a 3 minute walk to the restaurant.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great food and large portions at excellent prices in a friendly mixed group local feel restaurant that we returned to after trying a few other places. Place had a local independent & well established feel about. Staff were great and very attentive.