“superb”

Gospoda pod Kogutem
Ranked #504 of 2,770 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Polish
Reviewed 29 March 2016

an excellent restaurant, home atmosphere, excellent flaki(beef) soup, meat dishes excellent, excellent beer....

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Restaurant serves a classic polish cuisine. I would recommend Zurek served in bread and all pierogies. Place is clean, nicely - folk decorated, quick a good service. Prices, very affordable.

Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I visited this place in November with friends. Excellent polish food service. Prices very reasonable. It's worth your money and time.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I brought my Chinese friend just becasue we were super hungry and we didn`t know where to eat. She ordered polish sausage in a sauce and I went for potato pancakes. My pancakes were delicious but the sausage was worse than disgusting! It even wasn`t polish sausage. Horrible. Than additionally there was extra beverage on our bill so I felt like the waiter thought I was stupid blonde and won`t realize. Don`t bother.

Reviewed 20 November 2014

Off the beaten tourist track in Warsaw, the Gospoda (inn) seems to attract mainly locals and students from two nearby colleges.

The bilingual menu offers a wide selection of traditional Polish dishes. The food is tasty and definitely has home cooked flavour. Prices are very affordable. Those on a tight budget may enjoy a lunch menu between 13:00 and 16:00, offering a soup and a choice of two mains for just 19 PLN (or less then €5.00).

While the food was a pleasant surprise, I found the interior decor quite tasteless and uncosy. I guess the intention was to make the interior rustic but it turned out tacky.