“Michelin star quality”

Cuisines: Eastern European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is a rather upscale place right in the old town and would certainly merit two Michelin stars if it were in London. The attention to detail is outstanding.

On arrival you are given a complimentary amuse bouche of goose liver pate. Pure perfection

My steak tartare appetiser was ground incredibly fine. To a paste, in fact. It arrives ‘deconstructed’ with meat, egg yolk, pickles, capers, onions etc all in separate piles and a small measure of vodka (an inspired touch). You are invited to blend it all yourself (which I did happily). Wow! Quite simply the best tartare I have ever eaten! Quite magnificent.

Roast quail with apricot stuffing, cherry sauce and potato dumplings. Utterly magnificent. The intensity of the flavours was almost overwhelming. The bird was cooked to perfection.

This really is a very special place. One of the very best restaurants i have ever eaten in. If you only visit one restaurant in Warsaw, make sure it's this one.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Strolling around the old town area, we bumped into this typical restaurant where the food selection is not massive, but everything smells like a foodie paradise! I got a mix pierogi plate (Polish ravioli stuffed with either meat or cheese) as starter, while I got for beef tenderloin served on blue cheese and grilled vegetables for my main course; the meat was so tender that it was literally melting in my mouth! Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The location, the atmosphere, the service, the starter, the main course, the dessert... the restaurant Przy Zamku was absolutely wonderful and impeccable in every single way! A delicious Polish traditional cuisine, a glamorous ambience and a tantalizing night!
And of course, a special thank you goes to Mariusz, our unforgettable waiter, who gave us the best service we could ever ask for!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We almost talked ourselves out of coming here. I can’t say why but when reread the reviews we went in. We had the same adorable server, Mariusz. He was so helpful in picking out a wine and offering advice on food.
We wanted to to try everything. We shared the mushroom soup, beef perogi, and the beef tenderloin. All we amazing! The duck/chicken Pate was awesome. We polished it off with a light red wine and a chocolate mousse. We highly recommend this place. Great food and wonderful service!

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

I was there on a business dinner. The restaurant is a nice tradition showcase in the heart of Warsaw’s old city. However, one of our colleagues got the red wine on him 3 times in a row. Also, the beef was very dry.