“Sekret may be pretty, but its management is a Scam!”
Review of Sekret

Sekret
Ranked #948 of 3,106 Restaurants in Warsaw
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our private tour of eight tried to reserve at Sekret on Sunday, May 12th but were told they would only accept cash as their credit card machine was not working. As we had just arrived in Poland that day, we weren't sure we had enough zlotnys to pay for dinner. On Monday, May 13th we asked our guide to reserve at Sekret as long as we could pay by credit card. She made the call and assured us that would be so. The restaurant is lovely and as there was only one other party of eight or ten, the service should have been good. However, my baked cod over pureed potatoes was cold, and others weren't that pleased with their meals. The waiter was desultory and the service left something to be desired. When we asked for our checks (each couple paid separately), we were told that the credit card machine wasn't working and we MUST pay cash. As the leader of the group, I said that we would not do so, that we had called to make certain we could use credit cards. Finally, when it was clear that our persistence needed to be honored, the woman manager came with her WORKING credit card machine and settled our bills. As we were leaving, the other party which consisted of several men and two women were paying their bills with the credit card machine.

1  Thank LWDCT

Reviewed 23 May 2013

We were here in 2005 and 2011 and we had 2 fantastic evening dinners :
Beautifull menu, nice table dressing, very good and tastefull starters,entrees and desserts, well dressed dishes, served like kings, adapted music and unique atmosphere.

Now we went back with a party of six ; except the unique atmosphere nothing was the same, nothing was good , a complete disaster !! Tasteless and salty food, simple dressed dishes, overstressed waiter (even when there were only 2 or 3 tables occupied), very bad service, whole evening Barry White music, complete other menu card and much more expensive !!
So , for those who were there before, please don't go back !!
For those who were thinking to go, go inside, walk around to have a look, take some pictures,
but please don't have lunch or dinner. It's wasted money !!
It's a pity how a fantastic restaurant can change in a nightmare.

3  Thank JohnTienenBelgium
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Located in one of the streets, just off the old town square,we got our concierge to book our table, on a Sunday evening, though no need, the place was empty. Just one other couple i remember, it was late February though. Great decor here, pictures of peacocks, fish etc on the arched walls, something a little bit different.

We were greeted by our waiter for the night, and i presume the manager, as we didnt see anybody else. We were seated and offered to try some "special" red wine from Chile...... Without thinking and caught off guard we accepted to try a couple of glasses only to recognise it as Isla Negra, which we had bought a week previously from our local Morrisons, where it sells for £5 :-) We had to laugh!

We received a pre starter which was nice, but I was missing my caviar from my starter to go with my pancake and salmon. I didnt raise the issue, and just ate my meal, which to be fair there was plenty of. No complaints from my partner about her starter, and i think we both had meat for our mains. Deer and venison possibly. Again decent portions so no complaint there.

We did choose the most expensive bottle on the wine list, but even if we didnt, this meal would have probably still been the most expensive of our 3 night stay in Warsaw , (We ate at the Westin hotel and Oberża Pod Czerwonym Wieprzem).

We noticed 50 PLN on our bill, but again we didnt contest or bring it to our waiters attention.

1  Thank martinjones909
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After reading very good reviews on this place we decided to try it on our second night in Warsaw however it was very dissapointing and ended up being the most expensive meal we had and probably the least enjoyable. Yes the place was nice but totally lacked atmosphere. I had a knuckle of ham? which I thought was slow cooked so would be tasty but it was quite tough. When I asked about a wine list the waitress said they didn't have one and took me to a cabinet and asked me to choose. She wouldn't give me a price except to say they were between 100/125 zlotys needless to say we ended up being charged the most expensive one. We ate at far better places- all in all a bit of a let down

1  Thank millsg59
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I went there together with my husband and his Polish business colleague and his wife. It was actually his wife who suggested us to go there. She had recently visited it because of her work assignment. She warned us of the price list, but promised delicious food. In we went!
We were met by an old Polish man working at the wardrobe department. He was really nice and attentive. Although he spoke only Polish, I could still figure out that he was sincere.
When we got downstairs, a waiter came to welcome us and from that moment he was serving us for the rest of the evening. The restaurant was almost empty. We came there a bit early around 6pm. I liked the interior very much, simple but with the taste.
We ordered water for the ladies and red wine for the men. The waiter poured some wine to the Polish colleague to taste it first and confirm it. He liked it and so did my husband. The waiter came with his recommendations of what was the specialty of the restaurant, what was popular and so on. The duck there is number one by the way! The menu is not big at all, but with a nice variety for everybody's taste.
We ordered 3 Porcini mushroom soup with home-made noodles and truffle oil and 1 Sour rye soup with fresh sausage. For the second course we chose 1 cold starter (do not remember what), 2 Roast duck with cranberry sauce and fried potatoes with marjoram and 1 Breaded pork chop, served with cabbage and boiled potatoes.
The waiter disappeared and almost immediately came back with 4 plates of some starter dish which was not even on the menu. It was a welcome gift from the restaurant. Impressive! And it tasted veeeery good.
Soon when we finished our meal, the soup arrived. It was delicious, simple as it is. Everybody was satisfied. We almost ate in silence, so good it was. The waiter was attentive to pour water and wine when needed. At that time we were far from hungry. So when the duck and 2 other dishes arrived we decided to take it easy and eat it with pauses. Needless to say, everybody enjoyed the meal once again. I had the duck and it was exceptionally good. Unfortunately I did not had so much space left in my stomach, so I managed to eat only half of it. The portions there are very big and substantial. You won't leave the restaurant hungry! Coffee in the end and once again some famous Polish alcohol drink for everybody as a thankful gift from the restaurant. Can say nothing about the dessert. We did not order it, because of the lack of the space in our stomachs.

I am fully satisfied with my experience of "Sekret"! I highly recommend it to everybody. AND I don't think that prices are high there. I have been to "U Fukiera" alone and I paid twice as much for one meal with a mediocre quality and service. So, "Sekret" is not expensive, but it is still worth the money spent there! And the service there is outstanding; you feel welcomed and taken care of. Enjoy your stay there!

1  Thank Anna Z